Hello Family,
It has been an exciting couple of days... first of all I will tell you my amazing experience when I first got here... we got to the mission home and I had to go to the bathroom.. numero due allora... I then used the bathroom and after going I realized there was no toilet paper. I looked to the left and there was one of those things that clean you but its called a bidet and it is weird you sit on it turn on a tap and well yah maybe you already know but all I know is that it is weird... any ways I will ask answer you questions...
My apartment is way sweet it is one of the nicer ones in the mission. I would send you pictures but guess who forgot his camera. Next wee I will remember mi dispiace.... but I am going to go to the castle at four today. So I will have to tell you all about it next week. I can not see the beach from my apartment they have a lot of roads and apartments in the way but it is pretty from my balconies. Tell Dallan I love him and I am sorry I did not write him back I am a bad friend. also I know where everyone went it is pretty interesting where everyone was going most everyone went to Sicily except for the two sisters and Anziano Anderson and myself so it was pretty cool I got called here. The people are way nice here. its almost ridiculous how nice they are here I really love them already... oh ps I have gone to the Mediterranean sea it is in my zone in Salerno so we go there often and walk on the coast and talk to everyone... it is a really big hang out spot.. For everyone, it is a really big thing here to go on walks with people. And that is were they walk. They drive from places to go on walks somewhere else. It’s kind of different. But something I really would enjoy in America. I do not know if carol is right because this is the only place I have been. I want to know more about this volcano... sounds interesting. There is also a volcano where I am at I don’t know much about it I just know where it is at on the mountain line.. But I am south I am very south and Anziano Anderson is north I am almost at the toe of the boot...
Anyways no I will tell you about my week this starting the first day. I was fed Italian food it was amazing gelato is good... I don’t love it as much as some but gelato is good. That night we learned where we were going and went to bed we were all very tired even though I had slept all the way from Dallas to London. Thank Wendy for the Nyquil. :) I sat next to an Italian fellow on the way to Italy spoke to him a little bit in Italian but I was not very good at all. we talked about why I was here where I was going and the food in Italy. I bore him my testimony and that was all he was very nice and seemed like he enjoyed my brief message after I we were done talking I slept for another hour and a half.. On the plane I was the only one who slept. All the other Anziani had been awake for all three flights and airports... I was very lucky ... my first day was really fun we road a train from Rome to Napoli and then drove in our car from there to Battipaglia. It was pretty fun the train ride was interesting there was a women who was rather large and a man ... her father? anyways we had 4 greenies and them so you can imagine how that went down... like a group of seagulls after one crumb of bread :) naaahhh but they listened to our message the man was not very receptive but the woman loved it and took a b.o.m and then they went to sleep it was good we got here unpacked and went to work.. We met a family. The Demartino family half of them are baptized the other half are not... but yah they are way cool we are stressing to them the importance of the temple and how much there is in the temple... then we will ask them to be baptized but we are not sure when that is yet they hold a lot of English courses with us.. The daughter is in charge of them. after that we returned home and went to bed the next morning I realized there is a ton of graffiti a ton and its not the kind of graffiti you get in America where everything on the wall says you hate something or ... a gang but it is love graffiti.... oh my heavens the Italians have so much love graffiti its not even funny.. I see it as reminder to love everyone. It’s a sign for me :) but yah there is seriously a lot there is almost no wall without graffiti...
The second day we proselyte... we have not got any new investigators but I am hoping we will soon. the other missionaries left us with quite a handful so we are trying to do our best with them we meet with carry an American tomorrow... it will be nice to teach in my own language... I am hoping for the best :)
We met the modeli family the father is the branch mission leader. His daughter Sarah is going on a mission to Illinois Chicago. In just a month so we are excited for her. She helps us teach investigators every chance she gets...
Sunday was the best experience of my life we went to church and the branch president is awesome he is a strong man in the church... when I got there was an old man who told me he was 87 he can not walk without his cane and another person on the other side of him... he is amazing.. he is one of the priesthood holders in the church here in battipaglia... he goes upstairs still it is really slow but he goes up and down stairs by his self... he will not let you help him.. It’s like grandpa going us stairs but a million times sloppier and slower. The man does anything to get to church. Anyways we had class and I had no idea what anyone said the whole time but after we had sacrament and I got to pass the sacrament. Something really funny is that they sing really loud... there are only fifteen people in the church and they sing way loud. I would compare it to our sacrament meeting... they are so grateful for the sacrament... if we had a tiny particle of faith compared to there faith we would be unmovable in the church. these Italians are amazing... well I am out of time I will try to tell you the rest next time but all I can say is that Italian food is very good I have had two pizzas and they are simply amazing :)
Love you with all my heart
Love your eternal son, brother, and friend
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment