The work here has been going well we have had some really good experiences to many for me to write them all down. I will try to send the voice recorder thingy in a different email because it stinks trying to put all off these files on here at the same time and I don’t want to do it again. As for Landon and his little brother it is pretty funny ahaha Paker is a smart alek he yah he is one of a kind. This week for me has been quite large we have had a lot of lessons one with Carrie she is an American and she is very spiritual she is an eternal investigator she is always looking for the truth ... she is different from any other investigator because her husband is catholic and same with her son if this was not a problem for her she would have been a member a long time ago but she is struggling through that trail in her life. We have Maria who is older I am not quite sure how old she is but she is younger then grandpa.. so yah but she has come a long way with the other missionaries she was baptized and she understands the gospel she loves hearing what we have to say and she loves to respond we want to get her family that lives with her to come to church but it will be difficult to do so the family has quite a bit of problems... lets just leave it at that... but something we did this week for Maria is ... we hooked up headphones to the speakers so she can hear.. We just striped the wire and put them in a speaker. She can not hear unless you yell. It’s a lot worse then grandpa. When I pray I have to yell and that is funny by itself. We also have the Demartino family they are fun to see... and kind of hard to judge. They have been going to church for who knows how long the dad is a member and he doesn’t want to receive the priesthood. We don’t know why but they are one of the funniest families I have met here.
On Tuesdays we have English course so I love Tuesday nights because I talk to about three or four people in English for about an hour and I ask them really ridiculous questions like what would you do with a million euro.. Things like that.
This Monday we went to family home evening with the Mondellis and they are very fun ( the family with a girl going on a mission) and it was just a good time they are very strong in the church. I am blessed with a companion who knows how to cook. He had a professional Italian cook for his previous companion and lets just say he learned a lot of really good pasta recipes.
We are also doing a lot of finding in this area and it is really hard for me to understand people in this area just because some people speak a different dyalect ( I don’t think that is spelled correctly) but they speak napilitono and it is like slang but not slang it is a whole other language so the most I can say is things that I can say for gospel subjects.. My companion says just to wait it out and he says that I have really good spirit for not knowing a language so hopefully he is right :)
something really funny in Italy that is different in America is that if you want to cross the street just start walking across the street if you wait for your turn or wait when there are no cars you will never get across so everyone just starts walking and cars always stop... its really scary at first but you get used to it after you do it a couple of times. They drive like maniacs here they are so fun. You can be going forty and then 5 miles an hour in just a few seconds and in that picture that is my companion Elder Hansen and our car.. and that is normally how fast they park to each other... it is funny I love it here when they talk to you they get really close to you and in your face and when they do that they are not mad at you they are just talking to you.. Italians also love to talk anyone will talk to you for hours but a lot of the times they really don’t care for a religion.
I do not know what is on these so I hope they are good and appropriate ha and this week I will talk into it a bit more when I get the time. I am so tired by the end of the day I go to bed at 9 30 or something but I try to do my best with the whole keeping up it the journal, I have not missed a day yet... I also keep a study journal so I will try to talk in to this thing a bit more. Oh there is something I forgot here they have latte and its milk that taste nothing like milk. It is very very different from America. they also have this amazing cheese here ooooh my goodness its called mazorella di buffala and it is cheese from a buffalo, they milk from a buffalo but it is amazing and expensive but its really good we also ate a cannolo and that is made with a taco shell and a wonderful cheese that taste like candy they are really good as well. Something that helps here in Battipaglia, they do not know who we are, they do not know we are missionaries and so we get offered wine and alcohol and it is just funny and weird.. we also ate another pizza last night and they are just to fantastic to try to exclaim.. Dad would really like the stuff called bitter her and it just tastes like pure gasoline but a lot of people like it here and its a really popular soda. hahah its weird..
One of these recordings has a story from elder Anderson hahaha the story reminds me of mom I hope you enjoy it is wonderful and totally something mom would do. Mom you will like it too. I promise.
Another thing about my companion is that he is from California he is going home in May and he already wants to meet you and tell...but only if you want to hahah i told him to go say hi...he goes to BYU and is a student. I hope he is not married when I get back :)
One other thing is that there should be an Italian girl who is going to add you on face book I told her to try and ad you and see if you wanted to send a couple of messages back and forth only if you want her last name is Demartino I forget her first name she speaks English so you can write her in English just don’t use huge words hahah she is fifteen I think so Kaitlyn can talk to her to if you want I have no idea if you care or not but she is awesome and will probably be baptized while I am here.
ok well sorry I was all over the place my companion was doing cool signore companion stuff so got to type a bit more and so I thought I would add a couple of things hope you have wonderful week love your
Favorite person in the world Anziono Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment