I just want to say, thanks so much for your talk that you shared on Sunday. I know that every missionary gives a talk when they leave, but there were some things you said that I really needed to hear as they gave me strength. So once again i want to give you my thanks.
When you mentioned Jan's quote of "How do you want to be remembered?" and your response by saying "by being a warrior of light." I started to think about what it means to be a warrior of light. I know that what you said was true. I know that to be a warrior of light means to be a good example by living with honor and faith and following in Christ's footsteps by putting our trust in him. I know that we are God's children, and that he trusts us to hold fast to the iron rod through the small, daily acts in our lives. I know that we must be a light for those around us so they can see Christ's love towards them. But I continued pondering about what it means to be a warrior of light throughout the rest of the day. I discovered that being a warrior of light also means that we face trials in our lives in which may sometimes make us feel like we have to be warriors, and it can be difficult to fight our battles.
After searching up the song Valiant Faith on Sunday night, I learned that being a warrior of light means that we must not only avoid sin and fight our battles by striving to get by,but to fight valiantly, fearlessly, fighting for the mighty king. By hearing the phase warrior of light, I knew that I could find the strength in me to fight during my trials, especially those pertaining to having Cystic Fibrosis. On Sunday, I was a little worried because I would have to enter the hospital the following day. After hearing the song you suggested, i wanted to continue showing my light be having courage and faith as I would enter another battle field. At the hospital I experienced some difficult situations, but I knew I could be a warrior of light, not only at the hospital but as my trials would continue. I knew I could show faith alright. I knew that even though I had some hard things to face, he had trust in me to continue showing valiant faith, and continue being a light toward others. I know that he need my help in the world's battle field of sorrow, sin and strife.
So once again, I really want to thank you for your wonderful talk, even if it was not a big deal to you. It really gave me strength and encouragement for the hare things I have dealt with and may even have to face later on.
Last but not least, I want to give you my best wishes for your mission. I am so happy that you have the chance to teach the gospel. I know that there are people I Italy who really need your help! When you feel discouraged, think of Nephi's example when he had to get the plates from Laban. He had courage and never gave up. During you mission, there may be your own kind of "plates." If you ever feel the language is hard to learn or if it is difficult to teach or if there are any other circumstances remember how Nephi was obedient and put his trust in the Lord, avoided any negative discouragement, and went back and tried again. Just like Nephi it can take many tries to accomplish difficult tasks. In my life, there have been many times where I have had to trust the Lord with whatever he has commanded me as I have had to "go back and get the plates. Remember that our Father in Heaven doesn't give any commandment without a way to accomplish it.
Once again, good luck! i ope you have an amazing, super duper, fantastic, unbelievable, incredible mission! I will keep you in my prayers and give you my best wishes. Be sure to keep smiling. Remember that when you spread the gospel, you are spreading happiness:) Rachel Roy
No comments:
Post a Comment