Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 23, 2010

Hey Family. I have had a great week at the MTC. I wrote down a bunch of stuff to share with you. First off, go look up II Timothy 1:17. It's not very scriptural, but it's cool. Every time it says he, put my name in there...

Any ways thank you so so much for everything you have given me. My letters and the pumpkin bread it are wonderful!


I really enjoyed hearing that Anziano Luke and I have some kind of connection. That is so cool Grandpa knows his Grandpa! It is definitely a small world! Elder Luke has lived all over the world. His dad is an airforce pilot. He has lived in Spain and Germany; just a wide variety of places, so it's crazy we have some kind of connection.

I don't know if you remember this but I went on a blind date a long time ago with Morgan... and the kid she got set up with is in my district. His name is Nick Anderson. It was kinda fun to be related to someone in my district. Anyways, in the first ten days Anziano Anderson managed to gain ten pounds. It is kinda gross I know but on a good note I have gained only one pound. There are two sorrelles in my district as well. They are so cool; they bring the spirit into our class room and since they are both older then all of us, they are more wise.

I have some really exciting news for you... I have been called to serve as a Zone Leader for our district!!! It will be so much fun to work with our Branch Presidency.

The kids here are not the kind of kids I thought would be here. I thought everyone would be a walking, talking missionary robot but they are not. Everyone is actually way cool and has a way different personality compared to me and anyone else in the MTC.

This week I have seen Carter Cam Kegon who just came in this week. And Jordan just left for New Mexico yesterday. Don't worry Mom, I got a picture with him by the temple. At the TRC we taught an amazing lesson. It's amazing how much I could rely on the spirit to tell an investigator about the church. I never knew I had it in me.

Also, we had the chance to listen to Elder Bednar. He talked about knowing when the spirit is prompting you and that is a question we all have probably had. He said that we need to stop worrying about it. Be a good boy or a good girl and stop worrying about it. Have faith and you will be guided without you even knowing it. I thought that was something that the family would like me to share.

Supposedly, they have ping pong tables everywhere in Rome at every church building, so my teacher told me to make sure you send me my paddle because the Italians love a good game of ping pong. I hope they are not too amazing.

Don't send this to everyone but we have really bonded as a district this week. We had our first district numero due which means district poo. It was quite an interesting event, hahha!! We have had so much fun together! But everything is not fun and games, we are always working hard and like I said last week, this is the only place that you can study for 10 hours and still want to study more.

Somethings I would like to touch on...

One, Dad, that book that your Mom gave to you is not engraved; I can get engraved for free... everything here is really cheap for missionaries.

Another thing, I would really like a picture of Jake, Taylor and I.

PS - Mom, the orange juice here is sooooooooo disappointing. I wish I could drink all I want but i can't. Apparently from reliable sources, I have been told two glasses of orange juice will give you the runs for a week, so its not very convenient....

Momma, thank you so much for all the Dear Elders. I have enjoyed them so much and everything! I have been getting a bit home sick. I still haven't cried from being home sick, but I have started to miss home and those letters are something I get to look forward to every week. It is so wonderful, I love them!

Please send that stuff I asked for in my last letter soon. I would really like my Patriarchal Blessing to read. I can get it laminated and other cool things like that, so make sure it's the real copy.

To my sister, I hope you are doing well Lexi. I will answer your questions in my letters. Kaitlyn, I know your busy but I would really like to hear from you. I really really would like to see how you are doing.

PS - There is a letter to Kaitlyn on my laptop. I wrote it two years ago for an assignment in a class. It is under Letter to Kaitlyn... I think anyways.

I love you guys and have the most wonderful day. Look for the Lords blessings in your daily lives and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment