Hey Mom,
Where to begin.... the first couple days where rough, but other then that everything is great. I have really had a good time here.
Before I forget the things that I already forgot, I will tell you that I need the cord that connects my camera to the computer, my patriarchal blessing and, well, there was one more but i will forget about it for now my goal is to keep typing.
First off, I love you and I miss your faces, but I don't miss home yet. I almost wish I did though.
At the MTC you can feel the spirit all the time; I love it here. My collega or companion is great! He looks like Cache but another 5 inches taller. He is the District Leader for our district. I know when Mom reads that her first question will be; 'why am i not the district leader?'.... well just cuz he is a better qualifier.
Thank you so much for the Dear Elder letters. I am so glad I get to know about the real world everyday.
This week we have had a lot of orientation but other then that we have been learning the language and how to share the gospel with the spirit. I have been pretty good at the language. I had my first conversation the other day with a returned missionary. I will tell you more about it later in the letter.
Things in my district have been getting a little heated. I know it's the first week but our district has been making some pretty difficult goals that some of them could not handle for one day; other then that, they are great. In my district are my companion Elder Luke, a Romanian named Elder Blaga, a British man named Elder Wilconson, and a couple of regular Americans.
My companion and I get along great he is a little more, hmmm, persistent. He always needs to be everywhere 5 minutes in advance and ahead of everyone else. He had studied in Virgina at Virgina Tech for quite a while. He is nineteen and was in the Corps. He studied a little bit of Italian before he got here, so he has been teaching me quite a bit of it. We are ahead of the group for now, but they will catch up no doubt.
Please tell Lexi that gatto is cat but pronounced "yatto" and tell her I love her. Everyday we study 7 hours a day its pretty crazy but everyday I go home wanting to know more. There have been questions about the gospel I have wanted to know for years and this week has been crazy because every question and every wonder has been answered.
The food here is not good for you... as Dad probably knows. The food here is silent but deadly... and people eat alot of it... but other then that the MTC is amazing. There is definitely no other place in the world like this.
Please keep trying to sell my dirt bike... it would be a good idea if you would get new grips for it.
Yesterday was the TRC and it was way cool. It is the place were you role play investigators and missionaries and teach the gospel to investigators. It was the strongest I have ever felt the spirit. It was amazing and me and my companion did way well... in fact I would even say fantastic! I loved it! A lot of people fear the TRC, but I think it is one of the greatest things here in the MTC.
My time has come to an end but I just want you to know I love you.
Tell Kaitlyn to keep the Miller name known while I'm gone.
PS PS - I need Jake's and Taylor's addresses. Look for the phone numbers in my old phone and dont forget to cancel the Xbox live account. I have thirty seconds so I definitely love you and have a wonderful week!
Love,
Big B Miller
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment