February 17th, 2011 Yes, it is on a Thursday!
OK so I will write my letter now this week. We have done a lot, did I mentioned a lot! I will send it on the voice recorder. I hope you like when I do that because I like doing that because it makes me think that I am actually telling you the story, other then that you are not on responding to my cool stories and my awful jokes. I like sharing all the fun things we do.
Anziano Rogers he is an amazing man he is going to go home in six days so when he returns to BYU he will take my watch that I bought for really cheep. I give it to Kaitlyn it is way sweet, it is a soccer team here in Italy. They are not my favorite but they are defiantly cool. I bought it because a lot of people like Napoli in Battipaglia so I hope you like it. Kaitlyn if you do not like it or if it doesn’t fit you just put it in my room and I will wear it when I get home but it is too bright for me to wear on the mission.
District meetings are really awesome, I love to talk to the people that have been here for a while.... they talk about some awesome investigators and converts that they have in there zones and everyone really likes to talk about Italy. There are some goofballs in my zone also they really stand out that is probably what they want to notice about them too:) but other then that we have an awesome zone! People are focused and ready to just go to work. I am so grateful for the companion I have he is awesome and I get along with him very well even though I have to look up to talk to him all the time....
We have had some really cool experiences this week we have had one investigator Carrie who is praying about baptism. She is pretty legit and so dedicated and wants to know the truth. She basically gave herself the challenge to pray to ask when to be baptized. So hopefully she will know when... the night after she had an episode with some medical problems she has not had a problem for the past two years. She had a blessing from the other Anziani who where here two years before us.
We have had a lot of success lately with finding people and talking to them about the church... everyone is really interested ... well they look interested but I have faith that they are interested.... lots of people let us in and listen to us... it is so cool how nice the Italian people are. I hope we can come and travel here some day... there are many beautiful things here!
Some other cool experiences I have had, when I was with Anziano Rogers we were able to give a way sweet blessing. We had the opportunity to give... Anziano Hansen and I where tracting we found this family that was crying and we knocked on there door and it was a young girl (about Kaitlyn’s age) she looked... upset we were there but she called for her father. Her father came in and asked us if we had the priesthood and we said... yes. We found out he was a member in Battipaglia who goes north all the time but we did not know this. We has a sweet conversion and a story but I wont go into that right now. So the next day Anziano Rogers and I had the opportunity to go give a blessing in the hospitals. Only 2 people from your family are allowed in at one time. We had to wear full protection, an apron thingy... I do not know what it is called in English. We also had plastic things around our shoes... everything... we have never met this man and he did not know us. We found this man and gave him a blessing. When I say found it is because there are about 15 patients in the same room. Anyway... the spirit was there the man had no idea if he would live. This man had to be zapped ( I do not know what it is called... when you say "Clear" then they zap you with two iron lookin things)... But we were there and after all these things you could tell this was sograteful for this blessing and that he was trying so hard to lift up his hand to thank us but he did not have to strength to do so. He could not say it either because he had a tube in his throat but you could see it in this old mans eyes that he was grateful for what we did.
Another cool experience was with this polish lady.... so the same time me and Anziano Hansen where doing house and found the crying family we found another lady who was polish and wanted to know more about what we believed in so we gave her a book of Mormon in Italian. But she wanted one in her language... so Anziano Rogers and I went back to her apartment and the other person who lived with her said she didn’t want it...... only because she didn’t want to give it to her. So we had a book of Mormon in polish and went to the train station the next day and we were waiting for our train this young lady in her late twenties came over told us that the train was switched in English?? which was already weird enough... I ask her were she was from and she said ... Poland... Anziano Rogers and I where really shocked and knew why she was at the train station at the same time we were... we sat by her talked with her about family. She loves her family, we talked to her about our families and told her we are going to be away from our families for two years. She started crying and told us about how much she loved her family and why our message was important to know because she has believed the same for many years. I then pulled out the Polish Book of Mormon and said, I was wondering... this would be a great time for her to read Morni 4 and 5. I asked her if she could read some sweet Polish for us. So to turn Moroni ten and she read the right side of the page, she looked up at us and handed us the book and told us she already knew how the promise is true... She was sweet I really hope she calls us, it would be so cool to help her remember more of what she already knows.
Oh and last but not least today has been really interesting Anziano Hopper and I have been on splits and we both know zero Italian.. It has been really fun... hahah I have enjoyed it.. so far more people have listened to us because we struggle with the language...hahah last night we had correlation with Fertello Mondelli and he is such that he doesn’t know a lick of English but we were able to communicate about everything we needed to... I am able to understand and speak now but it sound like I am 2 years old. I only understand so much but on a good note I am getting better!
It was really funny Anziano Hopper and I got into a house today and the poor guy... had to decipher what we were saying... he really like our message and we have a pass back for Friday afternoon so we will see
Guess who forgot his camera with all the beautiful pictures on it ..... me yah and I am sorry but next week I will send it to you... yesterday we went to Amalfi it was awesome! It was raining but it was so beautiful, its right on the coast and just a crazy cool place. Everyone thinks we do not know Italian language but .... we do a little. It was fun to hear them speak English.
That is my week in a short lovable letter I hope you enjoyed it!
I love you so much and I hope you have a great week this week
Anziano Miller
PS MOM you better be sorry, everyone laughed at me because, first of all the OFFICE called us in a panic and was wondering why the heavens I have not emailed my mother and then twenty minutes later I got a calls from members asking me when I was going to write my mom... and if everything was OK... but I guess it was ok, because everyone wrote in there journals that Anziano Miller’s MOM loves him. I will most definitely be remembered when we all go home............ Joy.
Love you mom I hope you are ok at home without me... because... yah. I don’t think I will be home for a while but I will be home sooner then you think here is a hug from me.
hahhah Tell Lexi good job with her Italian!
February 16th was Elder Miller's PD. Mom starts her day off with a letter from her son. On this day there was no letter and she noticed that several other letters were not attended to as well. So me being snoopy, I opened this one.
ReplyDeleteAnziani & Sorelle
I still need a reply from some of you regarding the apartment condition questions I sent you last month. Please re-read the following and e-mail me on your next Preparation Day (16/2/2011). If you prefer, call me at 334.679.3015.
Of special concern are the bombola heaters - we need to know where they are. This is a matter of safety and your well-being.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Anziano Marcucci
Carbon Monoxide Detector - Please test today. If you can't find it, call me. If it does not work, change the batteries. If it still does not work, call me.
With is minutes I was thinking something is wrong. I got on to the computer and started to write to the mission president. Saying, I have not heard from my son today, and I am worried something is wrong. Could you please let me know why. Nyla Miller
Then at that moment one of Brayden's friends from Italy texted me on facebook. Hi, How are you? Then I began to tell her I was worried.
But in no time at all I had some letters.
Dear Nyla,
All is well. I just called them and learned that they have not gotten to the internet point yet, but will before the day is over.
Sister Claudette Burt
Mission Secretary
Italy Rome Mission
Sister Miller. anziano miller is doing great and things are giong well. we are on splits and he is on the train headed back to battipaglia. unfortunaly he wont be able to do email till tomorrow because he had some apoinments in battipaglia. we did tell the mission office that he would email today but the train times changed that plan. sorry for the delay but he is doing well and we are having a great time together. your son is great!
I am so glad I was able to have a missonary with email. I could never of servived when there was just letters:)