February 2, 2011
This is a message for Fertello Silva you can Read it He wanted to know where I went and just something’s so I thought I would write him a short message was a huge impact on me in the MTC he is an amazing man so hope you are ok with this short message because I already wrote it :)
So I will make this short but just for your information I did not forget about you everything is well I am in Battipaglia and I am loving it here. Everyone is strong here in the church we have 15 members in the church and we are looking for more of course... just a cool experience about what you wrote me in my black book was you told me to ask for everything so I did and at first I was not asking for new investigators because I thought it was weird and more or less my job I read your thing and I prayed for a person to contact us who is strong and willing... we got a referral 2 days later we called him and he lived forever far away.. But we went and saw him. He already believed in three personages eternal family and marriage... tutto he had been studding the church for two years online.. I did not know enough Italian to teach him anything new anyways he is being baptized on the 6th of March. The reason it is so late is because he can only go to church every other week until June basically this man has been prepared by God. Thank you for how much you have done for me and my district
TVB
- What is your companion's name? Where is he from?
My companions name is Anziano Hansen he is from California... he is really tall and he is pretty cool... he is a great companion we work really well together... we are giving it our all as well
- How big is the area your companionship covers?
Our companionship has a huge area... I don’t know how big it is but we have a really big area... all know is it goes from Salerno to Potenza but it could be bigger
- What do you both do for exercise?
My companion is fat but not fat enough to run every morning so we started with push ups then I decided ( we decided) it was a waste of time... so we started running everyday
- Is there a place in Battapaglia to get a pizza? Do they accept VISA?
There are a ton ... a ton of pizza places everywhere in Italy... so yes there is one and yes they accept VISA but I do not know if you can do it through internet... I am the fourth floor by the way not the 2nd
- Where is the church? How big is the building?
the church is down the street from were we live it is big for an Italian building but not big for you its probably a little smaller then the Brey’s house its on Via Moncharmont if you want to see it
- You said you have 15 members that come to church; how many should be coming to church?
Well everyone normally comes to church.. its not the problem getting people to go to church we probably have 20 to 25 people there every week the problem is getting people into the water... for example there is a lady who has been investigating the church for a long time and when i say a long time it has been from before Lexi has been born. We have records from 1998... She says she will be baptized in May I have faith in her.
- Is it a branch or a ward?
The building I go to is a Branch it is a big Building for a Branch but one day there will be a lot of people... everyone in Italy is way nice but when it comes to religion people are a little bitter.
Everyone here would invite you into their home and eat with you talk with you... but yah when it comes to there religion... its a little different.. Everyone is Catholic but nobody practices.. there is a church right down the street from ours and lets just say its sad to see how many people have fallen away from Christ... but that’s why i am here!!! So I am glad they are giving me a job..
- What is the branch president/bishop like?
The Branch President is amazing he speaks a little bit of English so I can speak with him in Italian. Because he knows the words that I do not know in Italian... soooo it helps a ton.
- Is it hot or warm there right now? How cold does it get?
Ii do not know the Fahrenheit for how hot\cold it gets.. it is 5 to 15 degrees C
- Have you had many dinner appointments?
Yes we have had a couple with members but only one with investigators. We have one at MCDONALDS weekly... hahaha it is hilarious... her name is Marilou and she is awesome she speaks very little English but she is from the Philippines and between English and Italian we speak to her but we will order at MCDONALDS and you will order a meal. I think that you will be good but then Marilou Orders more for you.. every time haha she is so awesome but she is working in Italy and is trying to earn money for her family in the Philippines she will go home in 1 year to see them for three months and then she will come back to work for another 5
We ate at the Mondellis once the Branch Presidents, and we have meet with Donato... basically a golden investigator. His family made us lunch... he is fantastic that’s all I can say about this man he is 27 and amazing and totally normal not weird... just a normal guy looking for the truth... he is amazing
- How many times have you taught investigators?
I have taught investigators about 15 times so far between return appointments and just other people
- Who of your investigators do we need to include in our prayers?
well for now we have Carrie who is an American who is an Italian teacher and she has been investigating the church for 2 years now she is amazing the only problem is that her husband doesn’t really care about what is being taught he is catholic and has some really old bibles that are... ancient.... they are so cool but he clams to be catholic but in all reality he just doesn’t care he only clams to be catholic because his wife wants to raise a kid in a religious background.. So he just clams to be catholic.. Anyways you can pray for his heart to be softened because I believe Carrie would have been baptized a year ago if her family was supportive.
You can pray for them because they just had a similar problem with a company as we did back home. the father is an accountant and what basically happened was he was doing his accounting for his...( i don’t know something but it was not his taxes) the government came to the man that was not doing the taxes and told the government that Masimo ( the husband of Carries) was doing it for him and gave all the money to him to do... but there is no proof on either side so basically this guy has Wieseled his way through with a bunch a crap he made up and over the years has built up this crazy case... so keep them in your hearts and prayers... another family that you can pray for is the DeMartinoes... they are the family with the three girls that go to church believe in the church but do not want to be baptized.. They are amazing but they need some help...
Good luck in Denver tomorrow
LOVE YOU
ci vediamo
Anziano Miller
HI Mamma I wrote to DAD this week so I hope that was Ok if it was not I am very sorry and it will never happen again.. :)
I love hearing about friends back home they are so cool I am so proud to know so many great people... I am glad everyone wants to go to my mission because I do not think you know how cool it is to be here... on the castle note I have not gone to it yet... yikes that first p day we were so tired from travel we slept for four hours which you can do on p day the other one we played games and just cleaned our house and hooked up some headphones for a women in our church.. this p day we are going to play soccer in castlamare but one day I will go :) promise..
I hope I can write Dallan something soon it would be nice I didn’t ever write him back because the address was always from our house and I didn’t know if I wanted to send another pass along note to Dallan.... so I just waited I will try to write him this week.
I am sorry to hear about Kaitlyn she sound like she is actually sick... that does not happen to much anymore.. ps you never let that happen with me I remember I threw up in the middle of the night once and you made me go to school the next day... just sayin
please let me know where Cache is going it will be interesting to know I guess state side some where that can to relate to Louisiana or Alabama somewhere hickish... hahha spero di si
ps on a funny note I do not know the language and I hope to learn sometime in my mission.....
I think Trevor’s little thing is pretty cool that he did with all his friends leaving
I do not know if the file I attached is the one that I was supposed to attach but I hope it is I think I will use it to tell you about my week an then that’s all next time it will be longer
You can send me pizza whenever it doesn’t have to be just on P day
It’s not a rule to only eat pizza on Wednesday :)
Let me know how Jake is doing I hope he is still trying to go on a mission.
Love you it was long again because my companion has cool things to do on the computer for referrals and stuff to communicate to the people in Rome so I got to write you a little longer letter.
So let me know how you like the pictures I try so hard to take pictures for you mom an you don’t even tell me what you think :\
So in the pictures there is one of Guido he is the man that cant walk ... he is amazing he puts everyone in there place when they all get off track.. The other old person is the branch pres mother in law
And of course the other two are the branch president and his wife... man I love these people.... you would too..
Love you so much
ci vediamo
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment