Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Paranoid Mother of Mine

Hello Famiglia,

This week has not been the most exciting but it has been fun. I have received your letter, thank you Lexi with the advice...I was so excited to see Kaitlyn’s letter in there as well.......

But yes thank you for the package I am glad to hear Anziano Mendel is doing much better it pleases me very much. I am sorry my grammar is absolutely terrible! I read my last letter I wrote to you to see what I wrote and well let’s just say- I know that my writing is terrible.

Mom, stop worrying about the heater... and things in my house. I am glad Jack Bickmore and Wendy Pistorius know that you are a paranoid mother. It is quite amusing to me that you can still get a hold of me even when you are not aloud to.....
Thank you for the information on Pompeii. My companion and I are planning to go to there sometime in the next transfer. We are going to be together for another transfer. Which is good because I because learn a lot from him and we get along very well. He is a hard worker so we are always exhausted by the end of the day. I am so glad I have this experience with him. When our president called he talked to us about how easy it was to keep us together which was awesome to hear. Our president is an amazing man he is always thinking of you and the members.

As for Cache Guzy’s mission call I think it is wonderful and that he will see why he is called there. They do play soccer and it is Cache’s favorite world team. I will be able to speak with him maybe when he comes back. Portuguese is very close to Italian there has been a lot of Portuguese people who have come to Italy and speak with Italians in there language and they can understand each other but I am not sure if Americans can do that... we will see

Do me a favor... dad probably has an opinion on this, ask him what he thinks the volcano erupted in Pompeii from a biblical point of view. I am not sure what he will say but I am sure he has an opinion. That’s something that I miss a lot, is always being able to go to dad and ask him what ever is on my mind. Some times it is ridiculous, but dad would always have answers and an opinion in a way that no one else in this world can imitate. Thank you Dad

Mom I do not know what you have done but the DeMartino Girls love you! They always say Meeeleehr tuo mamma e sorrella e troppo gentile e FORTISIMO.
So you have done something that makes you stand out or something that they really like about you. They are not like that with a lot of Anziano, let alone there families so thank you for giving us a good rep.

It was a fun little experience I had this week and that I do not think I have shared with you is that people do not know Italian here. Only the younger people and sometimes old people, its hard to understand and learn. Most of people here speak diolect and its a whole different language and everyone speaks it. The only time they speak Italian is when they know someone who does not speak there diolect. So in the home little kids only know diolect and learn Italian at school. Being said I will probably learn a diolect while I am on the mission but I don’t know depending where I go next. There are a lot of different diolects too. They change from city to city but the most common is Napolitano... so when Americans get mad they go off with swear words and yell. When Italians get mad haha they go either half Italian half diolect or when they get really mad they just go off in diolect it is so funny for me because I go from understanding quite a bit to understanding close to nothing.

This week we were doing house an old lady answers the door and she does not speak Italian... and we were somehow able to still communicate with her even though I did not understand her. I knew what she needed to hear at the end she was really touched and we told her we would pass by soon. It will be really difficult to teach her and she would have to put a lot of trust in us because she can not read. Hopefully it can turn into a good experience.

I am sorry I do not have as many cool stories as last week but I hope you enjoy this letter I will write a couple people this week and send it off...

I love you thank you for everything

Anziano Miller

Pictures!!!!!
ps don’t let me forget to tell you what fufu is

These pictures are from Amalfi. The castle is the one in Battipaglia.

People thought we were insane out in the rain with just shorts on... literally thinking we were insane

The castle in this picture is in Amalfi


ps I cut my Hair with Anziano Hansen how did he do? It’s the one that I am pointing at the door bell

I hope you are putting these emails into some kind of book mom

No comments:

Post a Comment