Happy Birthday Sandy!
Well this week has been a big one we have not done a whole ton but this next week is going to be insane!!!! We had a whole lot of bidones... those are when someone drops you and they just don't show up to an appointment so yah we have had a lot of those this week but this next week we have a lot more sure opportunities to bring our investigators closer to Christ.
Yesterday was really depressing because there is this women who is different I don't want to say crazy because it might be an understatement but she has dreams and asks us to interpret them and she has a bunch of things that are just different... but that is not the depressing part... she has been meeting with the TJs which isn't bad because it should be her choice to be were she thinks the truth is... anyways its depressing because she has now asked us about a whole bunch of TJ doctrine in revelations and junk like that... stuff that we can answer but things that should be searched out with much thought and through the spirit. Also we think that she has been giving one of the Anti Joseph Smith things from the TJs but all we can do is teach her the restoration of the gospel and ask her to act.... so that is the depressing news for the week but ps. she has been investigating for 8 years.
We passed off Donato this week man oh man he is amazing. he prayed to know if the church was true... and basically told us he will be baptized... here is his story he told us. I was really nervous before I prayed because of the effects that could come from both sides of prayer but after I prayed i felt at peace... I went to bed and after I woke up I no longer had the desire to smoke or drink coffee... the thought of it makes me very sick...
But then he told us that he cant go to church until June so after that he told us "so I will have to wait and be baptized till then" he is awesome.
We have the family that you are talking to the DeMartinoes... they are awesome to they told me last night they only understand about half of what you said.... remember they do not know a lot of English use really easy terms:)... but they are not stupid so find a good happy medium... haha other then that they told me they loved it:) they were way to excited to tell me about it when I got to English course... also its really funny because sometimes I communicate with them in English and they speak to me in Italian... its so funny because they understand what I am saying and I understand them but it only happens when I do not how to say what I need to in Italian...
Anyways the somewhat sad thing with them is that they are so flaky we can never schedule an appointment with them but we can never stop by either... i do not understand and i do understand at the same time... but i do not want to think like that... we have been trying our best to befriend the dad and the kids in everything we do so we can bring them closer to Christ.
We also met with Maria this week every time we meet with her she is progressing... momma mia she seems to be happier every time we talk with her she applies everything into her life.. her family is a bit different but other then that she is fantastic .
Sorry I do not have any pictures for you this week bu tI will take more pictures over the course of my stay her in Italy. I will take picture of our church and well just all the things I can think of.... also yes that is my house it is really big for two people I thinkI didn't send you the picture of our study but we have that as well we also have another bed room that we do not use ...we try to keep our house as clean as possible... my companion and i have the same problem with making our beds but we are working on it. my bed is the purple one because my companion is 6foot 8 and his feet hang over the bed by a good six inches so i get to sleep in it:) I do not complain.
We had a wonderful district meeting this week next week i will go on splits with Elder Rogers we will go to Battipaglia and Anziano Hansen and Anziano Hopper will go to Castlelamare. it will be funny to see them together because Anziano Hopper is a Whopping 5 foot 3 so it will be a great experience Anziano Rogers is a way diligent and amazing missionary he dies in 2 weeks so hopefully I will see him when I get home. He will be going to the Y when he gets home
That is to bad to hear about Vodoo I am not very happy about that...
and Tanner I don't like that either I hope he is doing well.
OH my heavens its a good thing i didn't forget but... we made some seriously good food here Anziano Hansen has taught me the ways of the Italian... and i could cook a lot of different pastas now also we have made some sweet chicken... ps I don't think many Americans can make chicken here because then skin it but lets just say they do not do the best job... haha so we made some chicken and other things like pasta al forno oh heavens that is amazing hahaha the mozzarella in Italy is much better then the stuff in America and very different
Anyways sorry it was not as long this week and that it was not very organized but I hope you have a wonderful week love you
PS dad you get another b- you will not watch TV or play with your friends until your grades are better
LOVE you eternal family and eternal friends
I am praying for you everyday.
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment