Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Napolii

Heeyoh Daddio,

My companion is great and easy to get along with, he is a great guy and he works hard. He can use a little help with a couple of things which I am trying to help him with but he is awesome. I am really glad I have been fortunate with companions. My companion had a hard time letting his other companion go because he was going home which is not bad. He is a year and a half in so he is getting a little bit trunky if you have any advice to help him it would be nice. I am doing as much as I can to be a loving helpful companion.

In our house right now there is four of us. There is an Italian, an English man, and two Americans... my companion is from Florida and the English man is Elder McMullen he was in the MTC with me and he is amazing. I am so glad I am in the same house as him we get along really well.... infect all of our house is just filled with good people...with the exception of me:)

I did go to Pompeii and it was crazy! Dad your theory does work really well. We did not get a tour guide because I hate being treated like a tourist.... they get treated like crap in Italy. It was crazy, there was a whore house and some other crazy things, the dead people are pretty sweet. I am sure Pompeii was a pretty wicked city. I new before your sweet theory but your theory was way more complex and had facts all I knew was it was a wicked city... anyways it was awesome.

Just a little side note, I would never want to go there with you, but I would at the same time. It’s basically an old huge city and you would take so long at all of the stops. Everything there is so significant and old, you would really enjoy it. I know you would. All I can say about the city is wow.
I do not have my cord again but I will bring it with me next week. I will send home some of the photos
I will write my letter home now I will talk to you later

Love yah your son Anziano Miller

Mom, you will have to read a little more about my companion on dads email but yah he is great I knew him before I was companions with him. This week is pretty sweet we were transferred and we got a pizza first off. Naples is the coolest place ever. There is so many people you can meet, so many people who need you, so many people period... they have subways and trains. I take them everyday.... the city is just absolutely huge. The city is fine, I love the people they are probably the craziest people you will ever meet... but many and I mean many are looking for more happiness in there life. That’s why I am here because I have found it and I want to share it. There is a ton of work to do here in Napoli. It’s hard to find time to go and proselyte... which is a huge bummer because, as you can imagine, that is my favorite thing to do. Right now I am really getting a grip on how I can teach better... which I really need. I am not even good at teaching in English! I am getting much better. I love talking to people they always surprise me with what they have to say especially with religion. A lot of people who I have talked to in Napoli have the right idea but they do not want to change the way they live.
PS Carol.... just because you are basically my second mom doesn’t mean you can tell my biological mother that this city is sketchy!!! nah thank you for looking out for me.

There has not been a whole lot that has happened since I have been here... we have done a lot of running around... we have met with a few less actives, which is a new thing for me. There is a whole bunch of less actives in this area. There is 70 active and 430 that are less active. The reason being is that Napoli was once 2 branches. Then they made it a ward. Now members don’t want to go because it is too far away... but we are trying to help them... I don’t know if we can do it with just four of us but we will give it our best effort!

Mom I hope you are excited for your song because it is waiting at my house waiting for you... also thank Derek for the sweet advice... well thank dad and Derek but mostly Derek because dad forgot. MOM I have some ADVICE GO to Disney (world) land... I don’t want to hear your excuses. Just go... love your son
I saw Pompeii but I forgot my cord again,
Here are some questions I have
Who won the super bowl, which teams even played in the super bowl?
What is grandpa up to?
How is dads work?
Everyone thinks I have a pocket full of money because I am American and I am here for two years... I tell them I don’t and they don’t believe me... then they ask me what my dad does for work and I tell them nothing. Then they think that we are really rich just by sitting all the time. It’s nearly impossible to tell them that I do not have that much money.

.... Don’t make fun of my hair... I did it myself. I figure heck I am not trying to impress anyone and I look good enough without any hair anyways so why not just cut everything off :) so I did!

Ok mom this is what I am going to do with the pictures... I will get a 4 gig thumb drive and put everything on there after that I will send you the SD cards.... it will get there I promise... especially in Napoli. Then when it gets there I will erase the thumb drive and use it another time... ok

Anziano Miller
piazza carnaro 20
00141 ROMA (RM)

This is for packages... the reason I give you this is because it will get there... number one reason is because it is Rome and kind of Americanized... number two is because some one is always there.. When you send me things I have to sign for them... but I cant do that when I am not home.. if they come when I am not home, they come three more times and I am not home then they take it to a large storage home and I have to go get it and pay a lot of money... I don’t ever want to do that so send it to that address. I will get it a bit later but I will get it.

So for some advice this week I would like you all to try and be better with Sunday, we need to treat Sunday by not doing things you would do normally on any other day of the week I want you to ask yourself that question every time you are about to do something on Sunday... is this something that is more appropriate for a Saturday... anyways try to rephrase that I have to go

Love You Bye Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment