Hello Family,
This week is a crazy one and I cannot wait to see what is going to happen with some of our investigators and friends this week. Right now I am basically in America but I am NOT on the continent:)... I am currently on a US Base that is in Caserta. It has all sorts of American Food and things that are American like basketball courts, little children who speak English, big roads, really nice playgrounds...basically the things you see every day but it literally looks like America. It is really fun to be here, we are here to see a couple of the members play some basketball and then grab some beloved and oh so precious Taco Bell or Subway... and probably some peanut butter as well. We have a lot of stuff to do today but it is going to be a lot to do before we have to go back. Right now I am with Anziano McMullen and 2 other Anziani you do not know.
BUT ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: Happy Birthday GRRANDPA
IF no one had any idea he is 95 and that is really spectacular he is a wonderful man and he is a definitely a man I look up to in my life!!!
OK, back to being serious. So this week we are talking to a wonderful family of ten who is very Catholic but everything is awesome with them. They love the Book of Mormon and it is only been a week.
Uh oh; I do not have very much time at all. I need to go and I will email you more. The army people are telling us to get off, so hopefully I can email again towards the end of the day. I will talk to you later. I hope everything is wonderful for all of you. Mom, email me through your email.... so I can organize it.... this inbox was a disaster zone.
This is my address to look on Google Earth: Via G.Jannelli 23, 80128 Napoli Italia
Love you; bye!
Now I am back in Italy again. I like Italy so I'm glad.
Anyways like I was saying this family is amazing we have another appointment with them tonight and we cannot wait to talk a little bit more on the restouzione with them. They are the coolest people. It was interesting how they met the missionaries.
So the sister of this mom, Rosaria, was telling her sister how great the missionaries were when she was with them. And a year ago Rosaria’s husband died, it is and was very hard for her. Anyways she tried to find the missionaries for a year after that, which was like three weeks ago (right before I came to Napoli). Anziano Cooper and Rowland were taking a picture in a bar and she asked the bar tender, ‘are these British people?’ And the bar tender said; “I think they are American.’ Anyways the Anziani heard them and said, ‘yah we are American.’ Rosaria then looked up and said, ‘my gosh! How I have been looking for you for over a year and I have not found you, but I know that it is you I am looking for. She then asked a question. She said ‘I lost my husband a year ago and I want to know if I will ever see him again. Will I see him again?) Anziano Cooper and Anziano Rowland said ‘yes and we would like to explain how.’ Now we are working with her and we see her every Wednesday. It is so cool! Her whole family is there and everyone wants to listen. Her sister’s son is there and he had read the Book of Mormon years past but he lost it when he was moving and did not know how to get another one. He is sooooo awesome. I can’t even explain how cool he is. He knows the Book of Mormon, he loves the words, the teaching, the stories...everything. He loves the restoration, plan of salvation, the story of Joseph Smith. He knows it’s true but he does not realize it yet. But they asked if they could come to church and we obviously said ‘yes’. We want them to come but they are way catholic so they cannot come for Easter or the week before Easter. The week after, they really want to come. And when I say they want to come, I am not exaggerating they are more excited to go to church, more then most members are in America. Anyways I see them tonight so we will see what they read in the Book of Mormon. We gave our four last week to their family, they wanted more but we ran out.
We are also working with this man name Bruno. He is also just an amazing guy. We are really excited about him because we really only started talking with him yesterday. We have been friends since I have been here. He was a potential and we asked if we could meet with him and talk with him a little bit. He was so excited we asked, he accepted the restoration and promised to read the Book of Mormon. He also wants to see what our religion is all about so we gave him lds.com. He is the first person who really wants to study it out, he is so fantastic wow! I can’t even tell you. I’ll tell you more about him next week.
We are going to climb Vesuvius next week but we are not sure. A little heads up, I am going to send you a package full of things from Italy. If you want something specific... then tell me next week I hope you enjoy what I will send you. I know dad will, Mom on the other hand, I have no idea. Kaitlyn is a bit easier, Lexi is facilisimo and Grandpa is hard too. Let me know if there is anything you want or I will send a bunch of stuff I have gotten from Italy. PS – I totally forgot my pin for my debit card from home, the one with a snowboarder on it. Please send me the pin, I am not going to use a whole lot of money from it but I went to the base today and I could not use it because I forgot it.
Anyways, I am going. I hope you have a wonderful week. Tell Julie and Kandalyn I got their letters and I will try to send them a response soon. I am just a loser and never have time to write them. I need to have a chill preparation day someday soon so I can do so.
Love you sooooo much. I hope you have a great week. Glad things are going better (I hope)
Love, Anziano Miller (beloved son, brother, friend and acquaintance)
No comments:
Post a Comment