Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"They taught me how to pray"

Today I will try my best to use correct punctuation, but there is no promises.

Everyone is doing great, we just had transfers and most of us are staying, the only one who leaving is Anziano Catalano which is a bummer, but life goes on. Anziano Hansen is going home, he will probably call you to get Carl Wheats phone number. Please invite him to dinner... if you'd like. Anziano Rowland and I are no longer together, we are breaking up but we are agreeing to still live in the same house:) However My new companion is Anziano McMullen, which makes me very nervous. Mostly because we have both been here the same time and the work that he has done is far greater then the work I have with Anziano Rowland. And it is also focused a little bit differently. Me and Anziano McMullen together because there are twenty new missionaries who are coming in the field this week, which is tomorrow! So Anziano Rowland is a Follow up Trainer. We are hoping for the best. The work with Anziano Rowland and I Right now is Focused a lot on the less actives and referrals. We have that one family with is really sweet because we have somewhere around ten investigators, but they all live in the same Apartment Complex. The sad thing is though we have not been able to see them for a long time. The Brother in law of Rosarria got hurt while he was working in Germany so we have not been able to go over and see them. He is very down... but we passed by the store yesterday and Rosarria defended us with her life basically... well kind of. This Catholic guy comes in her store and said “Hello, I to am a disciple of Christ" which after words I said, wow it’s nice to meet you. Rights then I asked if he knew us, and he said no. But then he turned to Rosaria, and asked if she was Catholic. She of course said yes, and he asked to her if she listened to us, she said yes again. After that he went on and tried to tell her that we are wrong he is right, like a lot of people do. Rosaria looked at him and basically him how us missionaries are here for two years and we left everything to be here. Then she said that we are basically the same as the catholic’s (which I do not like to hear by the way) (BECAUSE we are completely different) Then she told him one thing that hit me really hard. Rosarria said to this man "There is one thing for sure these young men have taught me and that is how to pray" she went on to tell him how she used to pray was nice but not like this. After she said to him” the first time I said my Father In Heave and ended with the name of Jesus Christ Amen. I felt the spirit so strongly THAT I KNOW IT IS TRUE... the guy was stund and had nothing to say afterward.

It was a awesome experience and the thing is I did absolutely nothing.... we then gave a Book of Mormon away to Rosarias sister in law.

We also have another member who is really awesome she is a new convert, and she is wonderful but she is loosing everything she... her husband died 3 years ago she does not have work. Her two kids are not really doing their best and helping out their mom. She is loosing her house in 2 months. Everything is just not going in her direction, anyways, she taught a lesson the other day with us and at first she was kind of her little happy self and we knew about her problems and everything she had going on but she didn’t talk about them. We taught the lesson; she gave a way sweet testimony which really brought the spirit into the home. She spoke to us after and she was so excited she really wanted to help out everyday. The best part about it was that the other companionship called her afterwards and asked how things went (because she was suppose to get a call from the bank) so she said great, great everything was wonderful thank you thank you. Anziano Catalano said to her again, so the bank is paying for your house? she said no... That phone call today went terribly but the most important thing is, is that I felt the spirit today and I know the church is true.

I really do not know if I could be like Anna, I have a little bit of my mom’s genes in me, but I think Anna is a great example to all of us.

I want to ask a little commitment to everyone one who reads this so if you don’t want to commit to something please don’t read this...

Pray every day. It is easily one of the easiest things to do but not everyone does it.

Why do we not take the opportunity to speak to our father? A man who wants to help us out of every situation we have!!! A perfect man who knows us better then we know ourselves. An almighty man who has given us the opportunity to live happily, and help prepare us to live with him forever.

I love you all and have a fantastic day/week!!!

Love Anziano Miller

1 comment:

  1. Great letter, Brayden! Thanks for the ending challenge! I need to do better on my morning prayers. It's great to hear your experiences!

    ReplyDelete