I have had some really good opportunities to talk to the people of Italy this week, we have quite a bit of work. Anziano McMullen and I have a quite a bit of potential on some baptisms. I really hope that we can do what the lord needs us do and work hard to get some people who desire to be baptized. We are really excited to start working with everyone and trying to help them in their lives. This work is a little harder when we can not speak fluent in Italian yet. We study everyday and try to put in practice what we learn. The thing that is the hardest is talking to people on the street mostly because people normally ask some pretty weird questions, like did Adam have a belly button? Mostly things that is not very important to personal salvation. But I love talking to people who are interested in learning. It is always a pleasure to see someone smile to hear someone talking about Christ on the street.
I was also very humbled this week when I went to one of my inactive families, there home is as big as our, game room with a roof that is as tall as Kaitlyn. They have three beds all lined up in a row and they have hardly nothing at all. I had some kind of drink there which was really good. The best way I can describe it is like hot chocolate. They were upset they didn’t make something more, they just want to give us more. I wanted to make them some dinner sometime but they would not except. It was just really humbling to be where someone is really struggling and they are still counting there blessings.
One thing that I want to add about this week is how it has been a little more interesting then weeks in the past. My companion, Anziano McMullen and I have seen a lot of success, most of our investigators and our family members have taken a leap and have become much closer to Christ. Yesterday I got a little emotional for the first time in my mission. I started to talk about how I know I can be with my beloved family forever and how I am here for the Italian people not just for another baptism or another number. I am here to have them do one thing. To have the understanding that they can now know the Book of Mormon is true. All I want them to do is READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. Yesterday this man realized that this is all I wanted him to do, is to read and pray. At the end of the day I am really only here to invite people to take that step of faith and turn towards God. I can not make anyone do anything, I just want people to realize, that there is a life after death and that there is a God. There is truth out there and there is a way we can know it is truth, which is through prayer. We have the Book to prove it. We need to act on what we believe; we need to do what we have been taught.
I challenge everyone to know, times are hard and getting harder. This life is defiantly a period where we are preparing to meet God. Spend your time wisely, if you want to do something good, pray to your Heavenly Father and he will tell you the things you should be doing. Do not forget what matter the most in our lives.
I can’t explain my love I have for you in words. Take care of yourselves.
Love Always Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment