So with the calling thing I will worry where I will go, but I will probably call around noon. I am sorry but I can not do it any other way it is really hard to work with our church times and appointments. So I will call you around 12 actually 12 on the dot but don’t worry about not confirming this with me because I will also call Saturday morning around the same time to confirm. So don’t freak out! My companion and I have to do stuff on Sunday, so I will work around it. We might use Skype we might not.... just don’t worry about it and be home on Saturday in the hours of 10 to about 2. We will talk then.
Please forget this ( I need my pin number for my debit card) so please get that before I talk to you.
I do not remember if I sent you the email last week about the Pasqua party in Battipaglia... if you didn’t, we found out that the DeMartinos father had a heart attack and is not doing very well... so if you could express our love to them like you do to everyone it would be much appreciated, he is a great man and I hope that you will get to meet him some day.
Lexi Brynn Miller, why is she sick? I don’t like to hear that - it’s not very good. I hope she gets better quickly, tell her I love her and to get better soon.
Kaitlyn I am glad to here that your Braces are off! I bet you look so beautiful! I am sure that you are as happy as I was when I got them off. But a more important note for you is, WEAR your retainer! I am a dingus and totally never wore mine. So word of the wise, wear it.
We had a good week, not as good as I would like. We met a lot of people on the street and talked to them. We would ask them if they would like to stop smoking. It is a good conversation starter. We handed off one of our star investigators to Potzuolli this week and it was hard. This investigator is awesome and hopefully we can still talk with him and keep in contact with him, he likes the church a lot and he researches a lot too, it is good and a bad thing. We like it when someone is doing something with their research instead of doing nothing though. The work right now is on fire, we are trying to do our best everyday and that’s what matters to me the most. I am so excited because this week we had some crazy good talks in church. One was by President Lord and he just gave the best invitation to our members. He is awesome! We also decided this week that we are going to start working with our members a lot more and try to do more member work. We have been doing a lot of finding and we have had a bit of a dry spell here to. We will hopefully have a little more success with the members, and if not I know that we can strengthen them. We had a bit of a bad thing happen this week too, wow yah it was hard for me to keep listening. We had a member come with us to this store that our family of ten works at. The reason we brought her is because she has a lot of similarities to our investigator. Her husband died, she has two kids, and loves to speak Napolitano. But she kind of just froze up and had no idea what to say. We went in and we said something along the lines of, this is our friend and we wanted you to meet her she has had a similar experience that you have had. So our investigator looked at her and said ok, tell me and the exact translation that our member said is my husband dead, widow. Then our investigator was confused and asked her to repeat what she said... so she did she said the exact same words. Then our investigator asked how have you been handling it. Our member looked at her and said I changed religions. Lets just say it wasn’t the response our investigator was looking for, but we will see them again tonight and we will hopefully be able to better that and be guided by the spirit... I will tell you more about it on Sunday
MOM I hope you had a spectacular birthday but I am dreadfully sorry that Kaitlyn didn’t make you brownies and you are right I will let her have it when I talk to her.
As for my dads emails. I LOVE NAPOLI! I wonder if it is possible to stay in your second city your whole mission! If it has not been done I would like to be the first. But I am assuming it won’t happen. There is about a hundred members that come regularly and there about 500 inactive. That is another story for another day but it means we have a lot to work with.
Gypsies in Napoli yes there are literally thousands, and yes they steal money and other things so you need to be careful my companion had his wallet stolen when he was transferred. Same thing happened with a couple of other missionaries. But I have not had mine stolen so everything is ok. We also have a lot of people who are part of the Mickey Mouse Club in Napoli. There are three reasons in this city the fireworks are going off. 1. Is because it’s a holiday 2. The Napoli team has scored a goal. 3. Is because a member of the Mickey Mouse Club just got out of jail... and I have heard the third reason every now and again. But I have not had any bad experiences.
Thank you dad for keeping me caught up with news it is good to hear some things, I enjoy knowing what is happening around me. Thank you for keeping me up with the ward and the other missionaries who are out on there missions as well. I have no idea if bin Laden is dead or not. I find it unimportant since I am out here trying to save souls :)
Thank you family for everything you do and we will hear from you this Sunday...
Love you ciao
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment