
Well, as for this week we had a wonderful Zone Conference and Sunday I had the opportunity to see everyone from Battipaglia again. It was District Conference so we had all of compagnia together for a big Zone Conference. It was really amazing! We had President Kelly there, we had the President of the District there, and basically we had a spiritual upliftment.
In the last couple of days nothing has really changed with our investigators, unfortunately. They have been progressing, and really that’s all I ask for.
Other then that we have been trying to work with the members a lot more. So we have not been seeing many new investigators, but we are trying to get the members to give us some work to do and work that is reliable. So far we have had many referrals. But not many solid people. Still I hope we can get some kind of work from the work that we are receiving.
As for thoughts, I have been really thinking lately on the things that our President told us the other day. He asked us something the other day which made me think about what I could do better. He asked what is our standing with the Lord, and he was talking about the things that we do everyday like reading the scriptures and praying. What is our personal standing with our Heavenly Father? Are we trying to learn? Are we trying to keep that the relationship with Him? Are we trying to have the relationship that we want with our Heavenly Father?
I wanted to add also on what we heard from General Conference....when we heard President Monson speak on how we are the elect and that we are foreordained. I just wanted to say and repeat what he said; that we have been reserved and we are the men and women for this time. You have been sent here to fight for your eternal life in this period of time. This world is not going to get easier, unfortunately. It's going to get harder and we are going to have more trails and more blessings then ever before. This world is the period were we learn grow and prepare to meet God again.
I normally don't like to send things like this but I really was hit by this speech that President Monson gave. WE... need to prepare for that time when we stand in front of the Savior and be judged according to our works. This life is a test, a small gap, a passage. (as Italians like to say) but really we need to prepare for that day and we need to live everyday like its our last.
I hope I don't sound too, commentaryish or strong or what ever but I really do look at it that this is the time to prepare.
I was also thinking the other day about a couple of things about Laman and Nephi; they both did the following:
▪ left the home and riches
▪ traveled for 3 days in the desert
▪ they were commanded to return and get the plates
▪ they saw an angel
▪ they were commanded to marry
▪ spent 8 years in the wilderness
▪ built a ship
▪ crossed an ocean
But the thing is; what is the difference? One went through those experiences and became closer to the Lord; the other, going through the same experiences and at times being personally corrected in miraculously divine ways, drew further and further away.
How can we be more like Nephi? We all look at Nephi like an amazing giant but he looked at himself as a wretched man.
I’m going to be honest, I have been humbled a lot on my mission. And I am still a proud young man. But the question that I will ask myself for now on is; what is my standing with the Lord? I hope this means something to you; if not its something that has changed my life.
I love everyone and I hope you are all taking care of yourselves... Yes I know Elder Perez, he was a Branch President in Battipaglia. He is great and he took care of my birth city.
Speaking about birthday presents, I got a sweeeeeeeet package from Carol the other day and I can not believe how kind she is... she just knows how to make someone’s day doesn’t she :)
P.S. Your friends name is LOOcheeAH and she is amazing Basically holding this branch together. I love going to her house she makes great food and such a fun lady.
Sound like Tay and Jake are still taking care of my girls :)
Don't do anything stupid.... please!!!!!
And keep up the good work!!!
Love you all so much, Anziano Miller
Nyla, what a great email! I can't believe how much he is growing. It is wonderful!
ReplyDelete