Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My One Year Mark!




HELLLOOO Everyone,

Lecce is alright, it is definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. There is about 25 people in the branch, the city is really pretty comparison to Napoli. The buildings and the history is pretty crazy cool. We have two investigators that are part of a part member family, and a handful of potentials. They speak a lot better here in Lecce. I still have a hard time understanding there really weird accents; but it probably wont be that long until I start understanding again. One thing that is really nice is that they do not speak dialect on the streets or anywhere. They speak true Italian. The people in our English course make fun of me because I have a weird American, Napton accent. It drives me crazy because I don’t pronounce things right. I don’t know whether I was writing home or if I was writing in my journal. But I probably grew the most spiritually, physically, and socially in Napoli. I am really grateful for what I learned and what I did there; I feel the Lord was pleased with my growth and my work there.

Another bonus is that I have a bigger lunch break=) in the south you can’t disturb anyone from 1:30 to 4:00. It’s pretty ridiculous, but it is nice for me. Our branch has a ton of return missionaries who want to help us out. Also my trainer served here and he really liked it. So I am really excited, but one thing that is hard, is that we are way far away from anyone so we can not go and play soccer with other people. Hopefully we will find a sweet group of kids to play soccer with.

I know... I know.... MY pictures are great =) haha I will keep sending some pictures but I have not taken any pictures of the new city yet.

Oh and speaking of the line of authority that dad sent me, its way cool. I was so excited when I saw it. I asked for it because I saw Anziano Stewarts and he had a sweet line of authority so obviously I had to get my own.

As for the apartment and as for the city.... it’s great! I wish the people where more open to talk to. I have done a lot of proselyting and it’s been pretty difficult to talk with the people here.

I didn’t know Anziano McMullen was home?!!!! I thought he was in Rome for the surgery and that he would be back after a couple of months.... tell him I wish him the best and if he is feeling up to it to send you those pictures when we were companions... he promised me that he would send them to me after the mission and sense he will have lots of time... I hope he would send those pictures to you...

Other then that I do not have much time to write today. It was a great week I had a long beautiful train ride from Napoli to here. I went from Napoli to Caserta, Caserta to Foggia, Foggia to Bari, Bari to Lecce..

I am really sorry for the short letter. My companion is great, he is amazing! We are trying to baptize this city and work towards the goals of this week.

Thank you so much for your letters and for your concerns... I will have to send a box of stuff home because I couldn’t fit everything in my bags from Napoli to Lecce... so I will try to send some things home this week. I still have to send that memory card to you so you can have all of my pictures.

Thank you my Eternal Family for being so cool!

I can never thank you enough for everything you have done for me and what you do for me! Thanks you Bishop Salisbury for my (Duty to God) award! I am going up to Zone Leader counsel next week so I will get your package you sent for my birthday in Rome next Tuesday!.

OH yah really quick =) Happy Birthday my sweet little sister! Tomorrow is going to be a great day I am sure... not only that I will have to make a cake for completing a year and for your BIRTHDAY =) love you your brother!

Love Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment