Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Overcoming my many weaknesses


So I thank you for answering the question about Joseph Smith being a freemason. It's all very interesting to me how the Restoration of the gospel is tied in so simply and perfectly.

This week has been a little bit different, not like the week of Elder Carter or a week that has been out of the ordinary. This week has been a week of thinking. My companion and I are doing well we are doing our best and we are working hard. We are teaching new people and we still have the desire to become better missionaries. This week I have been thinking a lot about my weaknesses, I will admit spelling is one of my worst attributes but it’s not one of the weaknesses I have been thinking about. 

Being a missionary is hard, mostly because there is so much you can improve on. It’s the same thing in an everyday life but as a missionary many people expect a lot out of you. The thing that is really hard for me is that I do not meet many of these expectations. I am a person that does not like to let people down nor am I am a person that wants to give up and not try. I am a person that wants to improve and never stop improving. 

This week has been a bit difficult for me just because I have been noticing how many weaknesses I have, and how much I need to improve. We have been working hard, and I have come closer to my heavenly father because of it. Sometimes, I wonder if I have even changed. This week I have made many goals to become not only a better missionary but a better person. 

I am glad there is that famous verse in Ether that can give me a little bit of comfort  

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.

It may be that I need to become more humble... I don’t know. In the end I look at my experience this last week as a good one. I have learned a lot. I learned many things from a missionary that is in Bari. His name is Anziano Pedriera and he has helped me know what I can do to become the missionary I want to be.

By the way.... when I get home I really want to live in South America for sometime... or in Europe... but I have been thinking about living in other places other then the USA.
Today I am in Lecce Finishing my permesso, I feel like I have been in the DMV all day. I but this time I am the guy that is the foreigner, Luckily I feel like I am a rather easy foreigner to deal with but that could also be my pride that is in my way.

I don’t know about you but after a day in the DMV you just feel shot, and you don’t want to do anything... but on the other side of things, when you get out of the DMV you feel like you have found the golden ticket and you want to take off to the the willy wonka chocolate factory. Anyhow, that’s how I feel right now I don't want to talk to anyone because I have just won a free trip to the chocolate factory.

For other and more important business, I need my FLASH DRIVE back. But when you send it back try to send it back with recordings of you all doing fun things. Pictures and music. It would be really cool if you sent me little clips from a digital camera of what you have been doing. Whether that would be of Kaitlyn cheering, or Grandpa bowling, heck even grandpa swearing would amuse me. I thought this could be something that you would like to do remember. I will try to do my best to do the same but for right now I will send only pictures until we have all the pictures on your computer.

This week has been absolutely horrible; the first two days have been filled with nothing.... All of our appointments have been cancelled and we had to come last night on the train to Lecce so I could be here early this morning. Then tomorrow I will go to Capi conference. WHICH IS NOT ZONE CONFERENCE every time I look on the blog you put zone conference.  It’s not a zone conference, it is were all the zone leaders from all over the mission go to Rome to meet with president to decide what we are going to do this next transfer, to make the mission better. I will do my best to get a picture with president.

Yesterday I had a pretty cool experience, We went to Lecce last night and when we got on the train there was someone (a man that is part of the military) said with a load voice directed at me saying I was a "Jehovah witness" (this is something that happens to us missionaries often) anyway, me being me turned around and said "no we are not them."  He asked me who I was and what I did, I told him everything about the Mormons and what we believe and what I was doing. I quickly asked if I could sit next to them and tell them some more about myself. (Remember that I was around a group of very scary military men) but anyways I did what I could and explained everything about the church. They were not interested in joining the church but they were interested about the church. Anyway they were really nice and I chatted with them for a whole hour and a half. It was a fun experience.

Well other then this I don’t have anything else to say... I hope you are still in contact with my men Jake and Taylor. Remember you have to keep an eye on those two while I am gone. They are two of my very bestest friends so I really hope you have not forgotten about them.

Anyway this has been a long enough email, I hope you are content. Keep me in your prayers and don’t forget to love one another.

Love so much Anziano Miller
Ps dont do anything Stupid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment