Holy CRAP! It’s hot!
I hate humidity, I know as a missionary I am suppose to
learn to love things but humidity is something I will hate until I die. It’s only
about 90 degrees here, but with humidity it’s been horrendous.
I will tell you how my day is in the afternoon, I come home
throw my bag on my chair then I sit in front of the air conditioner for at
least 10 minutes, after those ten minutes I am still sweating from my back and
I will not stop sweating until I take a shower before I go to bed. I can literally
be sitting in front of a fan that is right next to my face inside with the air conditioner
on, and I will still be sweating! It's pretty absurd
Other then that its been a great week I have had the opportunity
to do a lot of service this last week, yesterday we moved a girl out of her old
house into her new house. Today we helped paint someone’s home. Last week we
also painted someone’s house... I feel really good when I do service, and it’s
been a great opportunity to talk about the gospel. People are always so
interested in the fact of why we are here. I have had the conversation so many
times I can guess what people are going to ask me next.=)
I really like telling people why I am here, they come to realize
that I am not a monster that wants to tell them they are wrong or that they are
a terrible person. They come to realize that I am here to help them, and to
invite them to be a better person.
We celebrated
the fourth of July, and I had a great time. We ate lasagna and hot dogs, we played
ping pong and Foosball... you better tell Kurt Brey to get practicing because I
have gotten pretty good at Foosball and I am going to see if I can beat him
when I get back.
I am sorry you had such a terrible week. There is a reason why pride is expressed so much in the Book of Mormon. It’s the sin that make you transgress the sin that makes you think you don’t need God or anyone else. We all have pride but when you have an abundance of pride you can only be taught by falling.
I am sorry you had such a terrible week. There is a reason why pride is expressed so much in the Book of Mormon. It’s the sin that make you transgress the sin that makes you think you don’t need God or anyone else. We all have pride but when you have an abundance of pride you can only be taught by falling.
I teach at least once a week about the Old Testament and how
we see a pattern with God and his children. When his children are humble he
sends a prophet to help them and to care for them, also to guide them. His children
begin to prosper then they become wealthy then they become prideful... thinking
that they don’t need God, or someone to help them anymore.... so his children
kill the prophet and they don’t repent... they fall so deep into apostasy that
they are poor and needy again, after a while they become humble, they realize
they need help so they turn back to God and God sees that they need help and
sends another prophet to help them... The pride cycle is very interesting,
it is in everyone’s life and it will always be like that until we die.
This week went really well, we didnt meet our goals but we felt really productive.I
think its really strange, we have been speaking a lot about baptism in
our lessons, we have been trying to help people realize that it is a
step that will change their life and a covenant that is really important
to make with our Father in Heaven. We have explained the restaration
very clearly and we just cant manage to get a dates, but here I have seen
that these people are truly investigating and they are truly searching
for the truth. I find it strange but I feel like its how missionary work
should be. But our work has started to slow down.... its not a thing that I
am proud of but its kind of scary I don’t really like the fact that we have
been loosing investigators left and right thanks to the summer.
Everything else is going well and I am fantastic, I am having a
good time and I am continuing to try my best.
I like what TJ said, "It's not to make life about yourself, but to make life about others". But it’s hard for anyone to do what he
said even if we know its what we should do. I will do my best to follow his
advice. Numbers where not to fantastic we had three investigators drop us.=(
Dallan is so right that’s why he is such a stud=) Dallan's story
* This week was a good one. We could have been busier, but I suppose everyone
has the option to choose. People accept us, and people reject us. Saturday was
an interesting day. The majority of the people we contact, either in the
streets or knocking their doors, are just regular old people who were raised
Catholic and never really did anything with that, but use that as their excuse
to tell us to move on. "Oh, sorry, we´re Catholics. We´re happy." And
that´s about as deep as our conversation gets, even when we are persistent and
use all our resources to provide a short, powerful testimony that touches deep
enough to inspire them to listen to us. But on Saturday, we encountered three
(that´s a lot for one day) deeply-rooted, highly intelligent, ready with
argument people. A Catholic and an Apostolic Christian in the street, and a
Christian in his home later in the day. They ran loops around us with their
knowledge of the bible. The second, the Christian, was the first person to ever
openly insult me in a contact, to my face.
So after the day, we came home pretty tired
from the week and pretty quiet. As I thought back on the day, I remembered all
the times that I did not know how to respond. I thought of the simple, powerful
invitations that we gave to each person, and what that would mean for them
after this life. Even though I was feeling a strong lack of sufficient
knowledge, I felt reassured that I was in the right. We are members of the Kingdom of God on earth. Neither sword nor death
nor word nor any clever usage of bible passages will EVER apart us from
our royalty and our inheritance. We can trust that we will have a VERY rich
recompense waiting for us. Isn´t that a relief? Like it says in Galatians
5:22-23, there is no law against such things. When we receive a
confirmation from the Spirit (love, joy, peace, faith...), nobody can take that
away. We as missionaries don´t ask that our investigators believe us, or the
Bible, or the Book of Mormon. We ask them to ask God. Because once HE says how
things are, there´s no questions to ask. There´s just following to be done.
Applying the answer we received. And once we´re sure we´re in the right,
nothing has power over it. Elder Carter
I thought about it the other day and its going to be
ridiculously hard to choose my best man.
Mom is wondering if he would at least
tell us who the Bride is first=)”
Anziano Miller said that the Best man is a very important.... the bride
can be anyone but the best man is THE BEST MAN, it’s like the most important
thing to every wedding=) jk
I will talk to you next week love you so much
muah
Love your favorite son Anziano Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment