Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Strippling Warriors

Hello Family and Friends, 

This week was not nearly as bad as last weeks, I was not very happy and I had kinda lost all my patience. I am having a pretty fantastic week, I dont know if you knew this but there is a missionary couple here in Palermo that are also from our parts of town in the Utah. They live up by Kim Brown, they told me that they know her, but I didnt know this until this week.Their names are Anziano and Sorella North... hahah I dont know their real names. They are just keeping my spirits up, they are the coolest people ever! They are going up to visit the temple for a week and a half so that will be a little upsetting for me but hopefully they will be ready to come back. The Norths work so hard and they have great ideas. We have been working with them and we are really getting our ward moving along. Anziano North is our unoffical ward mission leader, he was called not to long ago, but he has some great plans and is ready to help us out. Our bishop is really pulling through too, he is a fantastic man himself he is very intelligent and was born in the states. Its kinda wierd because I have not spoke a word of english to our bishop but I know that he speaks my native language which is wierd for me.

Man, what did Xanziano Weeks tell you guys, McMullen and I are fine. We had fun with the training sessions when we were betting with the whole gelato and pizza thing............. It was really fun! Everytime we had gone out and did training he would come back and be so tired hahah it made me laugh. Mostly because the next day you would find him limping because he was so sore... he would also take short and simple steps=). Infact after the first work out his told me he was not going to obey the contract... which was kinda of a bummer because I totally forgot to put a punishment on the contract, so when he did break it, it was not a big deal. In the end he is still getting larger and now he is eating worse then he was eating before. I love that missionary to death and I want the best for him. I have lived with Anziano McMullen for 8 transfers. that is half of my mission so stop thinking I am to hard on him. If I was too hard on him he would tell me... Anziano McMullen is like the Brother I have never had. (He just has a speech impediment) =).

Did you know that if you find the RED BULL car they give you a free RED BULLl? Basically since I was in Napoli I have kept my eye out for this car, Anziano McMullen and I were the first missionaries to search, find and recieve goods from this RED BULL car. After those moments I have been continually finding the car all over Italy. I have found it in Napoli, Bari, Lecce, and Palermo. This last week we found it again, We were on our way home when we saw it, we got off the bus and ran to retrieve the goods. I think it's so fun to find and continue to find fun things to do like that. 

I might say the frase (I hate) but I really mean it when I say I hate August in Italy, There is literlly no one. I can not stand it when people tell me that they can not see me until september, mostly because I know that they are so full of crap when they say it. 

This week I wanted to talk a little bit about the strippling warriors and how they are a lot like us youth.  I hope that I can still count myself as being someone who is in their youth. Anyways, I was reading the story of the strippling warriors the other day and I was relating it to our time here in 2012. The strippling warriors where a really young group of people that could of been less then 17 years old. (Alma 56:46) They fought against many MEN 10.000, if i remember correctly. So it was 2.000 young men against 10.000 men. These 2.000 young men came from the people of Ammon, they were the tribe that promised God that they will never pick another weapon to slay their brothren, so these men were also untrained and had never fought in their lives.(Alma56:47). These young men obeyed their parents expecially their mothers like we all know. They never doubted and believed that God would always deliver them out of their hardships. These men went to war not knowing what was going to happen and were ready to fight for Freedom and Peace. These young men go and fight not one of them died, but 200 where wounded. Those that were wounded and had fainted had lost hope and faith for a small moment in that battle I am sure their friends and fellow soldiers looked around and saw that some of their friends had fallen, after seeing that their freind had fall they lost that faith and hope for a split second as well. 

The point is, is that we do not need to fall and loose faith just because one of our friends has made a bad choices. it has happened in my life and I am sure that it will happen in your lives. Continue to have faith and dont loose track of you objectives in your live weather those objectives are physical or spiritual. Help your friends heal those wounds, get them back on their feet and back in the game. Not one of us can be lost everyone is very valueable in this army. We are as the strippling warriors, we are fighting against many, sometimes its not easy and we are out numbered but we have the strength of our God behind us=)
Thanks Brian Stewart and Cache Guzy for your words of encouragment. That does make me feel better. I thought everyone had forgotten me for a little while there=) jk

Love you all so much talk to you later Anziano Miller 


No comments:

Post a Comment