Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Working hard and Helping Others



Mom you seem trunkier then me, you even know when I am coming home? I am sure that everyone in the ward is asking you if you are getting excited and if you are ready for me to come home. We have been doing well and have been working hard and helping others. I don’t know what to think, sometimes I have the thought of coming home jumps into my mind. I am honestly excited too but not as excited as I thought I would be. 

That is sad to know the kid from Brighton died (Nate Short), I know them both. There are a lot of people that I won’t see for this short period here on earth. 

We have been doing a ton of work, we did a split these last couple of days and it has been good for all of us. My greenie learns a lot from all these other missionaries that are here in the mission. For example Anziano Meldrum is in my district and he is an incredible missionary, so I am always happy to let my greeny learn from others. I keep telling Anziano Pizza that these will probably be some of the best missionaries he will see in his whole mission. I hope it’s not true but there are some really good missionaries here. 

We are working hard to find more investigators through our own efforts and through the English course. Yesterday went well there were over 60 new people in our English course and we are hoping that we can bring them unto the gospel. We are happy with our turn out even though we want more people to come. We have four baptismal dates=) The bad new is that I probably wont see any of them, they are all in October. But that is not what matters, I hope they get baptized=) That would make me happy. We have been having the GANZ help us a lot which has been really helpful. 

Something that was funny this last week is that I ate Anziano Meldrums potato cake!!!! I probably shouldn’t have eaten it but I did anyways... I don’t know if I have told you but Anziano Meldrum is famous for his food inventions. He made pasta with jam and tomato sauce in Napoli and no one could eat more then three bits of it.  Anyways he made this potato cake the other day and it was horrid... It wasn’t even cooked all the way through, but it was funny just because he tries so hard to make something new and he never succeeds=) Although he has learned to make a pretty good tuna pasta. 

Today we went and saw this place called Erice.  It was pretty cool!  It is a province of Trapani. I really like it there, its not the most beautiful thing I have ever seen but it was cool. I have been trying to do these trainings for Anziano Pizzas first 12 weeks and sometimes I feel like I am the one being trained=) I love these new greenies.

Gotta go.. It has been a stressful day, we just missed the bus to go back home and we missed it by three seconds literally. So I apologize if my email doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

See you love you bye Anziano Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment