Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011

We heard about the Japan Earthquake here, it sounds pretty terrible and I hope everything is going to be alright. The good thing is that I saw a rainbow, a double rainbow in fact so we will be good for at least another year. Well I hope.

I am glad to hear about the visas for my two boys I hope they get there and start to love it. I am sure they will Jake if you did not know, knows Spanish pretty well he knew it pretty well before the MTC but I could be wrong with that as well because I do not understand Spanish.
But he spoke it a couple of times when we went to taco bell so I don’t know maybe he is doing really well with the language.

As for my book I will take care of it, I already gave it to the DeMartinos so hopefully I can get it back soon and give it to someone else.

This last week we went to Rome... nothing was really cool about Rome mostly because we were on a bus, train, car, or in a building while we were there so on that note I didn’t get any pictures.... I am sorry. We spent the night in Napoli last week it was pretty enjoyable we had six missionaries there and we all played basketball and with elder Hansen there we had people flocking around the court so it was pretty fun... we taught a lesson and gave Napoli a new investigator.

The next day we left for Rome on an early train but lucky for us we found out that the metro does not start running for another hour after we got there.... so we sat in the metro station for another hour. And then we were able to take another train to Rome. (We take a lot of trains in this mission) I am really upset we do not have trains in the America because I would go a lot more places. President Kelly gave some really wise council at our zone conference. At conference we were able to talk to a lot more people in Rome because we had two zones there it was awesome and really helpful.

The Assistance came to Battipaglia to say goodbye to the D'andlfos and we were able to go with them to eat food :) which is always a plus in my book. My favorite part about going to the D'andolfos house is grandma. They always ask grandma who gives the prayer and it’s always the mom or my companion, after the prayer grandma always wants points at another person to say another prayer. its not as funny when I write it but its way funny when you are there so I will apologize now for my terrible story:)

The next day we went and did publicity for English course... we plastered the town with lots of fliers... we then we were maybe a 100 meters from our house and my companions eye got something in it... and well he scratched it with whatever was in his eye.. so we have had some wonderful problems in the last couple of days with his eye... we were able to go Napoli to a member eye doctor and it was fun for me because I got to drive, I may sound childish when I say that but please try to understand me, Driving in Italy is way better then any racing video game....

We saw two old members of the church this last week and one spoke English.. He said he doesn’t want to come back to church because he was offended by a person seven years ago in the church.... we told him to forgive and forget. I tried to relate to him because I have felt the same way in the past with a couple of people but he understood and said he wanted to keep meeting with us and he hopefully become reactivated in the church.

We saw the Barretta family that same night and they have a lot of American recipes ( side note... mom they will probably ask you for some recipes especially banana cream pie)

There is a lot of work that we are doing right now we had a new investigator who wants to become a missionary... we have a lot of potential right now with both our stop smoking course and language course. There are always people who want to meet with us after we give the spiritual thought (my companion says it is not normally like that) so it’s good that it is happening here. Today is rainy... it has rained on Wednesday more then it has not rained on Wednesday.... I really want to go hike Mount Vesuvius. (The volcano that you sent me the stuff about) but it keeps raining on preparation day. So hopefully it will stop soon.

Well I wish you all a good week and to keep trying to be a better person everyday... love you

Anziano Miller

2 comments:

  1. It's true about Italian's driving. I was VERY, VERY scared any time I was in a car. The sisters never drove, but they have no lanes. It's everyone for themselves. I was always grateful that someone else was driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAYDEN!!! I just found out about this blog last night so I had to check it out immediately of course :) I read every letter! (wait do you guys send him these posts? Or am I talking to myself here....oh well) Sounds like you're doing amazing I'm so proud of you! I'm going to write you and everyone else a letter today :) I'm so excited to stalk everyone on their blogs now! Happy day I'll lust live through you all :) You're amazing :) Keep up the good work you're doing awesome!
    ~Kandalyn

    ReplyDelete