Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week of Success!


This week has been great, I have had a lot of fun and more importantly we are having a whole bunch of success! But first I am going to go and answer all your questions and comments...

Yes mom I do know Mrs. Cooper. We had a wonderful lunch and some really good pizza. They are really nice people and more then that; they are parents of a great missionary. She told me she would call you but I didn’t want to get you too excited. So I just thought I would let it sit as a surprise :)

Please tell short one that she can’t be doing things like that and getting hurt! She is still too little to get hurt. But I know she will regret it as soon as soon as she wants to go swimming. It will be a rough thing for that little one. I am really surprised it was worse then when I cut myself with the razor scooter, sure it wasn’t very long but it was pretty deep.

It’s good to hear that all my buddies are out doing something that they will remember for the rest of their lives. I totally agree with TJ 100 percent! I love how our friends have been nothing but good examples. And now they are examples to the world and they are "doing the things that will bring salvation to you and to those who listen to you" (An Anziano Miller Translation of the Italian Bible from the book of first Timothy 4:15-16)
More then anything they are being the examples to everyone in the world. Trevor has written me a couple times and I have not written him back.... I feel really bad... but I am going to try to get to it today.

I am glad to hear Carol is preparing for our 5 k :) and that she is doing really well. I really don't like it when people are crying about me, I am not dead and I am definitely living and here in Napoli, spreading the gospel.

Anyways I did write to Carol and that way sweet primary class those young kids really brightened my day. I can still remember when I wrote in my journal that morning and how I felt down, and how I was really tired and I was just basically not ready for the day to start. I went out that morning talked to some people about the gospel and I remember that it was probably the worst day I have had on my mission. Door after door we were being rejected. Then I got home and I got that letter, it was so uplifting. I stuck all their letters on my wall. Those little 10 and 11 year olds really made a missionaries day that day.

I do not know anything about transfers but if I was to guess from an inspired directed point of view, I would say that McMullen will go and I will stay for another transfer at least. Which that would make me a very happy Missionary...

I would also like to wish my dad (Shayne Lee Miller) a Happy Fathers day... I forgot to write that message last week but I hope that he had a great day and that he enjoys his trekking poles and his watch.

I want to tell you a little about my week I recorded a little tape for you guys back home I will send it after this email...

But this week I went to Scampia which is the most dangerous part in Europe... And if you have ever been there you would know why but we had 3 appointments in Scampia.

The next day we went to the Torrez family's house and the young boy asked me to give him the gift of the holy ghost this Sunday at church, after he is baptized this Saturday. And if I can be honest I am way scared it will be my first time doing so. But I am way excited :) I was really happy he asked me to confirm him, he will use this gift for his whole life.

That night we had a way cool thing happen to us... we were walking down a street that we walk down every day and we went past this little road that we passed everyday. But we have never been down that road before and it I really felt like we should walk down that road. So we did what every other missionary would do... we turned around and went down this little road, and this family at the bottom asked us "venita ka" which in Napton means come here... so we went and talked them. We found out she had met with the missionaries before and that she had a Book of Mormon. She asked us to eat the next day with her, so we said absolutely. And we asked how much she knew about the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately she said I know nothing about it. I just have the Book of Mormon. So we gave her the first lesson, she asked us if we could come again and eat on Tuesday, so we went over there yesterday and ate the most amazing Napton food I have ever had. She is making progress but she is having more or less some hard times in her life right now. Monday we got a call from someone who received a pass along card. We thought she wanted to know more about English course so we asked her to meet us the next morning... we met her the next morning and she said she wanted to know more about our church not about English course... I was so excited this girl literally is ready for baptism and she is coming on Saturday to see the baptism of Paul. It should be really cool... can't wait to see what this week has in store. We also have an investigator who’s name is Anna but I will have to tell you about her next week because I have to go...

Thank you so much everyone for everything you do, keep making our father in heaven smile

Love Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment