Dear Family,
Yes, I did receive the Brighton Book in the MTC. It is absolutely fantastic, I love it. I wrote my testimony inside, but it was more fun to see people who had already gone through the MTC that I knew just a few years back. What was really cool is that I had the opportunity to read their testimonies. I am really glad Trevor got a hold of it... P.S I am a terrible friend... I need to write him still about how my mission is.
Tim Birch wow its been a while since I have heard that name, but it still has a great ring to my ear... tell him there is nothing better than going on a mission and there is no greater happiness than serving a people who need you more than you can ever imagine. There are thousands of people I walk past everyday and the only way they can return from where they came from is by talking to me and being baptized. They are many who will accept their baptisms after this life but while they are here on the earth they must find the happiness and the joy that comes from the message that we as members and missionaries hold dear.
December 7, 2011. This date!!!, this date is beautiful and makes me cry, when this date arrives one of the coolest guys I know, one of the best friends begins to have the Saviors name on his chest for two years of his life, and he has the opportunity to bring souls, that are loved and cared for, to the Savior. All I can say about that is that he his amazing and he is going to love it. I can’t wait to hear from him.
MOMMA MIA quando hai imparato l'Italiano, è pure io non ci credo che tu hai vinto la 82 dollari. sei molta brava è mi fa molto piacere quando tu scrivermi. LEXI grazi mille per ogni cosa che tu fai per la nostra famiglia. scusa me, io non ho comprato la tua animale. per piacere non devi arrabbiarti ma devo comprare presto. non c'è tanto soldi ora. perchè ogni volta che voglio prendere soldi la mia banca non può damilo perchè mamma ha fatto scifo. e qundi quando ricevo soldi posso comprarlo
If you don’t receive a good translation, send it back and I will write it again in English.
I do not like to hear Kurt’s dad died. Is Kurt ok.... As his previous home teacher, I feel I need to check.
Your friends Taylor, Gentry, Jake came and stole your fireworks. They invited us to Gentry’s farewell July 17th. 2011.
Wow! Really? They stole my fireworks? Tell them they better pay me back in two years... but Taylor can pay me back by getting his stinkin’ papers in!!!
Carol, I hope I will never have to push someone in a wheelchair while doing a 5k run but for you... I would honestly think about it.:)
I want to hear about your Saturday.
Saturday was great that baptism went through his mom was crying his grandparents were crying...everyone was crying. It reminds me of my baptism. When the poor kid was baptized he came out of the water and gasped for air, but later he told his mom that when he came out he felt something that was really special.
I invite everyone to remember there baptism this week.
Sorry I need to go I will write later..... but I have to go…..
….OK, so this week has been great I have really enjoyed it. It was the week when we have seen a lot of success. We have been really trying to take the advice of Elder Tishara and do the best we can every week. In case I didn’t tell you he asked us to always set a goal of 21 lessons.... which is something that is really hard... but it is an amazing goal. We normally have about seven to ten lessons a week, not counting less active lessons. With less actives we would have about 11 to 15. The thing is, is that the goal is great because it is absolutely obtainable. Last week we did not have to much time during the week so we did not obtain our goal, but I will definitely let you know when we complete this goal. I am really excited as well because we have had 6 new investigators in the last week and it can be a huge help with our goal.
Other then that we went to this lady who has been investigating our church for sometime she is amazing but she has one problem.. she does not understand why she has to be baptized. She wants me to find her something in the Bible or the Book of Mormon that says you have to be baptized by someone with the priesthood. When we went to her house she got really mad with us... it was probably the most heated conversation I have had here in Italy. She wants us to come back next Sunday and she wants us to explain why. As of right now I have no idea what I need to say to her I have been praying and hoping for the things that I can find or the things that I can say to help her understand.
There are two really cool stories that I would like to share quickly. Last week we were searching for less actives and for people we could go see. We arrived at a member’s house who was, of course, not home. Then we sat a talked for a minute in the apartment building.. I then felt the impression to go and knock on the door that was right below the member’s house... so we did and of course there was someone there. We asked if she knew the member who lived above her she said yes and then I just started asking random questions... she then asked if we were thirsty... I of course said yes I always say yes if someone asks me if I want something because then, more than likely you go inside. We then went inside she told us to make ourselves at home. So we did. She then asked if we had eaten. Even if I have eaten I always say ‘no’ because they make some really good food here. She made us some sweet sandwiches. We taught her and her daughter who is Atheist. We taught them the first lesson and we have a return appointment.
Then we had a similar story. We were trying to find a less active, and this lady asked us who we are. We of course were more then pleased to explain. We went into their home gave them the first lesson and the lady started to cry during the first vision she asked us to come back next week.
Today we played soccer as a zone and had a ton of fun. We brought a member and he added Kaitlyn to facebook. His name is Franco... which is frank in English... he is awesome I would permit Kaitlyn to marry him.
Anyways like I said I want you to think about your baptism this week and remember what happened where it happened...everything
Love you so much Anziano MILLER
No comments:
Post a Comment