Today was great! We had six missionaries come hike Mount Vesuvius and three Italians. One is an investigator the other is a friend, of the investigator, and the other one was a member :) It was sweet that creator is massive and the view is absolutely gorgeous. We got a nice deal on the ride up where we saw inside of the volcano, and it is enormously deep and wide. Today was pretty clear it wasn’t too bad. I loved it and we had lots of fun.
The Member is Franco, he might have added you on facebook Kaitlyn. But he is sweet we spend many of our P-Days with him.
I will tell you one thing is that these Italians know how to drive. Us Americans would probably crash into everything if we were here. They know how much room they have on both sides of the car at all times and then they can drive through the smallest places going 60 miles an hour. It’s pretty ridiculous. I defiantly do not like tourist in Italy, I know I am a foreigner but on the mission but I defiantly don't feel like a foreigner.
I owe the mission some money because I don't like taking money out of my account. It cost way to much to take money out. It's15 bucks for everything, the van ride the entry fee. but we got a little bit of a discount. because we speak Italian and they like us... they hate tourist here. and I mean it they really do not like them at all. I understand why no one likes people who speak English; I say that because some lady was pretty ridiculous today and I didn’t like it but that is another story for another day.
I am really glad you all went to Bear Lake; you all must have had a blast. Sounds like Lexi had the time of her life, and sound like there were many exciting stories that will be told in years to come. I bet Chris Anger really didn’t have much mercy on you and the two little ones, but in the end its good for them... it toughens them up.
This week wasn’t all that exciting, but we have a baptism on Saturday. Zone conference is tomorrow so this week should be really fun and eventful. I really don’t like eventful weeks to much. It gets in the way of the work, and it is hard to have appointment when you have stuff in the way. But in the end what can you do.
This week I have also learned quite a bit, maybe not so much in the missionary department of things but more into the department of life. We have a sorrella here that is absolutely amazing; she is easily one of the nicest, most patient, and hardworking person I have ever met. She is a lot like Mom but she has just lots of things that she needs help with. She has been an example to me for things that I need to do in my life. She has it really rough, her two daughters are trouble makers, and her ex-husband almost encourages them. She has a boyfriend and she is trying to come back to church. We had lunch with her and her kids and it was really nice. I was really content to just be able to bring a message to her house.
This week and the next month everyone will get up and go to Calabria for a month... When I say that I mean it, literally half the city will leave to Calabria and stay there for a month. So our appointments are going to be a little rough but we are going to try to find some new investigators. We have already been seeing that the people here have just started to leave we had about 25 appointments planned for the week, but we only had 14. This week I have really seen how crazy it is that I can speak Italian. I don’t want to be pride full or boastful but literally we have the gift of tongues. We can have a conversation with someone and we can speak to a person and we have only been here for 6 months.... if you ask me that is truly amazing.
In these days we also need to be more thankful for what we have. I really do not think anyone has a clue how much we really have. I am in Italy... it’s not the most deserted place in the world, but there are many people that can not afford things that they need. I met a man who literally is dying because he can not afford a refrigerator for his syringes to keep his insulin cold. (He is diabetic) I really do not think we will ever know how fortunate we are. There are a lot of people who are in need of help, many people. I am sure you have read some of Dallans or even Landons emails. I don’t even want to imagine the situation they are in; we really do live in a promised land.
Even when our family was in some of the hardest times last couple of years. We still had a lot of things that we did not need. So what I am asking you to do this week is to count your blessings. Please pray this week and try to thank your heavenly father for everything you have individually, item per item, blessing upon blessing.
Kaitlyn I hope your having fun with your summer because school is just around the corner. Remember that this is the year that counts, so do what you can to get nothing but As. my 9th grade year literally destroyed my GPA.:) I thought I would just write you a little note. Be good don't yell at mom or dad.
I love you all so much.
Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment