This is the time of year, were everyone leaves the city and just goes on vacation to Calabria or Puglia. If you ask me it is absolutely ridiculous. I can not imagine just leaving for a whole month just to go to the beach everyday for a month.... but....that’s just how they are and I love Italians even being as weird and lazy as they are. This week we had another 20 lessons planned we had a grand total of 5 lessons for the whole week. We would call people and ask them were they had gone and they would always tell us Calabria, or Puglia. It doesn’t make sense but what ever.
This week has been great; I normally have a great week. But this week I realized how important it is to really have a solid family and to really know what you are getting into when you talk about marriage and a family. We taught a family this week that absolutely hated each other. Not so much the kids but the husband and wife were absolutely ridiculous. This family really needs the savior in there lives we can see they have been torn apart and they are not happy. It is to the point were you can talk about their family with all of them together, and the little kids will just start to cry. I really do not know what is wrong but as missionaries we can help them come closer to Christ and I really hope to help lift there spirits.
Also we had a really sweet family from Ukraine that moved houses, and we helped them move there whole house. We literally put everything that they have in there house into a small dodge caravan.(it looks a lot like that white paperweight we have in our garage) and then we help them move it all to their other house. We hope to teach them, but for right now we don’t know how it will all turn out but it was really nice to do some REAL service. I’m done trying to call. Say that English course is sufficient service. It is really hard to find service here in Italy. Which is hue disappointment... I never realized how much I really do love serving others.
Here you see so many poor people that are on the street that want money that want a job. As a missionary you can’t give to them material things. But you can easily give them something that will bring them happiness, joy and comfort.
I’m sorry I don’t have much to talk about and I don’t want stay in this internet point any longer because I have probably lost another year of my life from all the second hand smoke I have inhaled. This Saturday we have transfer calls and we will see if I stay or go... I am pretty sure I will stay and McMullen will go. But like I said we will see.
I really hope everyone is having fun and that everyone will continue to have fun. Because I know one thing is for sure, I am having fun so there is not reason why you all should not be having fun too.
Have a good week and be good boys and girls!
Love Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment