Well it is defiantly August.... I have never seen a place with 2 million people be so dead. All of my investigators have gone to Calabria or Puglia... its kind of ridiculous... we had to find some crazy internet place somewhere else today. Every place is closed by our house. I don’t even know where we are going to find food. But we will manage.
We were assigned to deep clean our houses because it was so dead. But this week has been really enjoyable. We have our very own greeny (new missionary) in the house and he is great and I love his motivation! I conducted my very own district meeting on Tuesday and it was a lot of fun and a great experience. My companion is great a very motivated guy, very straight forward. He is a bit of a newer missionary and he is pretty good with the language. I would probably say better then me. He is twenty four and has a girlfriend back home. He also keeps telling me that he was in a peak human performance before his mission he also told me he could jump over a car back in the day. If you asked me, he sounds a lot like the guy from napoleon dynamite. It is just my opinion. So I keep telling him that I used to be able to throw a Pig Skin a Quarter of a mile but he doesn’t believe me. He is a great guy and we are getting along just fine, but it has only been the first week. We have lived in the house together for two transfers so we know each other pretty well too. We are really excited to work together and I am excited because he is a really good teacher and I really have been trying to learn how to teach better.
I am really glad Kaitlyn went to Trek and is had a lot of fun. I am pretty surprised that she did not use a bar of soap the whole time. My question is if she knows how to use a bottle of Gold Bond because that is were it is at! If you don’t believe me just ask Dallan and I am sure he would be right behind me on that one:) If she didn’t use gold bond she will have to have her brother come with her the next time and show her how to do things right. Kaitlyn is right in that age group that will have the opportunity to do trek twice. I think? I hope I will have the opportunity to go on trek and be a father as a young single adult! Adult is a terrible word, but yah I would really like to go again.
That is pretty crazy story about our relatives. I have read that whole story of John Nebeker crossing the plains. It was really cool! I remember that the story of the four year old boy that got ran over by the wagon and had to get it fixed, as he played with a pocket knife during the surgery. It was really interesting.
We are still meeting with Pasquale and he is great. He keeps telling me he is a spiritual anarchist but we will keep working with him. We have a lot to do with less actives for the moment. There are many people who want to come back but we are not sure how deep we want to get into less active work.
All the Anziano’s are going to Pompeii... I am not. I am going with Anziano Rowland to some other place, but we don’t know where yet.
This week we hope to help all the people we can. I love finding people, because I am good at it but... if there is no one around.... we will find them in there houses:)
Well I hope you are not sun burnt to bad. I hope you’re a bit sore and if you are not then you did not have enough fun. Keep living it up and loving every minute you have together.
Talk to you soon
Love Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment