
Dear Family,
I would just like to say you are easily the coolest people I have every met today! We played a little bit of B ball and shot around a piazza. It was way funny because a piazza is a place where a bunch of people gather to do nothing. Fortunately there was a basket ball hoop so we went and we played a bit of ball. It was great everyone thought we were really good, they thought that we could play in the NBA.
We are definitely not that good. Afterwards we saw these two girls smoking... definitely under age smoking and Anziano Meldrum who is fresh from the MTC asked, “do you think they would be offended if I asked them why they smoked?" I said, “No.” They were girls and so naturally us missionaries are a little nervous to talk to them. So he walks over there and asks them why they smoke. It was great. They smile and said some stupid response and other things, but the best part is that we taught them everything from the first lesson and then they had to go very quickly. When they left they have to say good bye or it’s rude in Italy. The proper way you say hi and bye in Italy is by Bacio, which is that fake kiss cheek to cheek thing... anyways Anziano Meldrum shook her hand and she kept getting closer and closer, and well she gave him the bacio! He was not expecting it so his response when she touched his cheek was "oooh" and then he had no idea what to do. Then she took off running for her bus, while she left Anziano Meldrum in the dust stunned out of his mind. It was really funny and I still can not stop laughing from what happened. I hope this story will amuse you all as much as it amused me.
Other then that this week has sucked and I have been pushing through it. I hope to see everything come together with this companion thing. He is doing a lot better. I spoke with the president and he still does not know what he wants to do yet. My companion and I get along as people but it is really hard for me to watch him get angry at these people. They have the traditions of there fathers so a lot of the times they have been taught the way of there fathers and they do know any other way.
We dropped a lot of people this week out of our teaching people and we are still waiting for September. I am really excited for the summer to be over! I didn’t think I would ever say that but it is really hot, and work is picking up so I am really excited to see how things go after the summer.
We have three baptismal dates! So I am really happy! We will see we have two that are really solid and then another one who is kind of sketchy, but one of them is in February. So I will not be here for that, but there is a Baptism this Saturday as well. We are excited to see this family come unto the water of baptism and work towards being an eternal family.
This email I would just like to thank my eternal family for everything you do. Lexi, for her laughs and for all her smiles. Kaitlyn, for her love and support in anything and everything. Mom and Dad I can’t begin to say how much I have learned from you. Between moms hardworking ethic and kindness, to Dads intelligence and loving words. I don't think I could serve this mission if I did not know this was true. In fact I would probably say it is impossible. With a Family like mine it becomes a lot easier to go forth with the Lords help.
I don’t have too much time this week so I will leave you with this.
Do your absolute best, and the Lord will do the rest... this is what my trainer used to tell me all the time so I thought I would leave you all with the same words of advice. Remember he is there, and remember he is watching you and is right by your side. One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is in Isaiah 49:16 I’m paraphrasing but it says that he has graven us into the palms of his hands and he can not forget us. The Lord’s love is ever constant. So remember to pray and to show gratitude to our Father in Heaven.
Thanks again for being the Sickest family ever!
Love Anziano Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment