Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Changing The Game



The CD yah I am happy with a CD That I-pod mini that I bought a million years ago would be great as well. What ever you would like to send me would be great. My companion lives in Alpine so about thirty minutes away from our house

There is lots of people we are teaching and not as many worries about people not showing up to appointments, as much. There is a lot to do. More then we are able to handle this week. Next week a sweet investigator comes back, all I have to say is that a Solid Baptism date would be great for a Birthday Present.... A way sweet present! Absolutely! If I was going to ask for anything for my birthday... it would be Money on my card and pictures of the family. I have not seen my family for almost one year as of next month, so I would really enjoy some pictures.

As for last week it was great. We had a Baptism! His is a Napton. Its fun to have to do splits as of this transfer. It is really hard to do split with everyone. Next week will go quickly because being my first transfer being District leader; I do not know what to do. It also helps being me and as you know because I have a talent of procrastinating. So this next week will go really quickly! The day before my Birthday we will receive calls so we will see how that goes... I am pretty sure that my companion will go and I will stay. We have a couple new investigators this week a couple are little weird but there are others that seem really good. I am personally excited for this next transfer to see if I will stay and for the work here in Napoli. Our ward mission leader is a bit crazy because he is really old and he is starting to forget a lot of things but one thing that he said in August was "guys don’t worry about August it going to be a bit dry, but IN SEPTEMBER we are going to have and explosion of baptisms!" and I believe him. It’s going to be a great month.

One thing I would like to say over everything is that I am very sorry about your mother so we will see what happens. I am sure things are not going to go very well. From what it sounds like she does not have much time unless she gets going and trying to fight this battle.

I have started the Book of Mormon again and there is something way cool in Nephi 3 I would like you to share with Grandma. It is the same chapter that Nephi says I will go and do the things the Lord commands. "7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I like this verse and it is great but the verse that goes with that is verse 15 "As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us." Its better understood if you know that Laman just tried to ask for the brass plates from Laban. Then Laban wanted to kill Laman so Laman comes running back saying. "There is no way we are going back." then Nephi Steps in and says "As the Lord Liveth, and as we live, we will not go down until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.

I know it probably does not make sense the way I explain it, but It definitely gives me strength when I think of the situation that I am in now with this city, and with my companion, and having about a year in the mission. It’s sometimes difficult but we should not always give up and go home. I can say that is not the way to go, keep striving keep working, work harder then you were working before, If your tired wake up, Most of our limits are set by us and our stupid imperfect ways of thinking. I HATE MIND SETS, We don’t know our own capability. One thing I have really tried to do as a missionary is change the game. Just like that saying from Travis Pastrana

"If you are not changing the Game, you are following someone else"

We can even say that for our own lives if we are doing everything like everyone else. What are we expecting to change?
Missionary work has had street prosyliting sense Dad was in the mission and probably when his Dad was in the mission too. Maybe we can do street prosyliting, (because has probably had success before) but how are we going to make it better!

Anyway, I have just been spilling my thoughts out on an email so I hope it helps a little.

As for now I need to go but I love you and I hope everything is well

Mom keep working out and Dad I hope things are going well. Kaitlyn and Lexi I hope you have a sweet school year. It will be the only school year without me. Kaitlyn THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL and do your absolute best I got all B's in ninth grade and it KILLED my GPA. My suggestion is work hard at the beginning so you don’t have to scurry at the end.

Love you Family Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment