Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snow in Bari!


For those have you that think Italy is perfect temperature, I bet you will find it hard to believe that it snowed here in Bari. That means it is really cold. It snowed about 3 inches... NOW, for those of you that read Trevor’s blog pay no attention to what he says about Italians. South Italy and North Italy are completely different places. When it snows here in the south, EVERYONE FREAKS OUT. Like the world is about to end! I do however have to agree with him it is pretty cold. We had two investigators call us yesterday to tell us we could not meet each other. I thought it was strange they used the excuse of the snow for a reason why we couldn’t see each other, especially when we were going to walk to there house. Italians are an interesting bunch of people when it's cold and snows.

It has been pretty cold here in Italy, the mayor in Rome will not let anyone leave their houses because it has been snowing! It has been -3 -4 Celsius here where I am at.
Which it is really cold when you have all this humidity. I would rather have dry heat any day. 

I received your package from Christmas, everyone loves the caramels... I have only eaten' a couple. I really like giving them away so I can tell everyone that my mom made them. 

I was supposed to go to Capi conference this week but it was cancelled thanks to the mayor in Rome. So I will go tomorrow with Anziano Larcer to hear what president has to say. I have heard he is a bit mad about all this nonsense in the mission. I am pretty sure he will be breaking our boxes tomorrow. So I hope you are praying for me! 

We went to Trani this week to find all of the old members of the church. There was a church out there many years ago, but then it was closed for some reason. There are about fifty contacts and about ten members we went to find. After we had gone there we had only found 6 people out of twenty. It’s been about 15 years since anyone has gone out there. We did find one family though; it was really cool they still remembered the name of the Anziano that found them. They asked us to come back, so next week we will see them on Monday. 

So, I guess you can say things are going amazingly well here in Bitonto. They sent a new zone leader that wants to actually put some work into this zone and step by step we are chiseling off the ruff edges this zone has.

I hope everything is OK with everyone tell grandpa I personally know how he feels about what he is going through. It’s not very fun!!!! Tell Aunt Verna I wish her the best.

Hope you have a wonderful week 

Your favorite son Anziano Miller 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment