Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Missionary Work?


Long and endless hours of work
The countless doors that are slammed in my face
The classic and daily insults
Being with a assigned person 24 hours of the day
Having to study everyday for at least 3 hours
Having strict and immovable rules.
Being single for two years (it still applies to those who have girls friends)
Leaving your family and love ones back home
Being placed in new circumstances all the time.
Teaching and speaking in a language that is not your own.
ECT... there is much more 

I could never do it if I didn't know the message that I share with the people was true I have a firm testimony of this gospel and I know that our Savior has re-established his church again on the earth and that we are the ones who have to help these people come unto Christ. I have a rock solid testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that this book brings Gods children closer to him more then any other book. I know that Joseph Smith was a living prophet of God. I know he translated that sacred book that we have today. I invite those who have not read the Book of Mormon, to read it, to pray about it, to ask if it is true. Put the promise of Maroni to the test, I know you will feel that burning in you heart even as I did. This work is something I love!

As for Bitonto.... This place is more then amazing! It is really similar to Napoli, I came here and I have a much easier time understanding people.  I couldn’t understand people that well in Lecce, they speak through their teeth. I love it here in Bitonto. Our house is more the big enough for the both of us. We have a sweet terrace with a way nice gazebo. But it is too cold to go outside and eat or have any kind of fun parties. I am hoping it will start warming up so I can go sun tanning. I am looking really ghostly, I need a good tan.=)  There Dialect here is really similar to Napoli, I find it really easy to understand them. It might seem strange to you that all these places speak so different when they are so close to each other. I don’t know about the North but one of the challenges of the South is that the dialects and the languages changes so much from place to place. From what I have heard, they do not speak much dialect in the North.... In Lecce they had a wedding and I actually met a lot of people from Bergamo, and I can’t express to you how strange they sound. I could compare it to a thick Jersey accent in English but I don’t know how I could explain it to you in any other way. 

It makes me way happy that package ended up getting there... I will definitely be sending a ton of stuff home now... Mostly because I have a ton of random stuff, I will not send anything of high value obviously, but at least it ended up in the right place=) 
Lexi, I am so excited you like your turtle, the Africans have not been selling the wooden turtles anymore so you may have taken one of the last. 
Kaitlyn I am sure you like your bag! I bought it because I knew you would like it... but do tell me what your friends think! 
Dad I will be sending off some ties soon. Some will be for you and some will definitely be for me when I get home. I do give you permission to wear the Napoli tie on special occasions but if you get it dirty, I will probably have to cry, and then by another one! 
MOM I am going to be dead honest. I have no idea what to get you I look at everything here and the only thing I can think of is pictures.... so maybe you can tell me something you would like. 

MOM I am really glad you were born in the 60's because if you were born any later... you would have been an online stalker, which is not a good thing. I guess it is ok to stalk your son, but I don’t recommend stalking anyone else... P.s. I don’t like my green shades they are a weird tint of green. =) 

Thank you dad for reminding me I have a mom that needs to know where I am every waking minute. For all I know she could have a Chip hidden in our phone....  

I am more then excited for my new, old companion. We do not speak much English to each other... we speak mostly in Italian, when we are around other missionaries, we speak in English but if it is just us two, we speak in Italian. I really like it my mind switches between the languages all the time, and sometimes I get caught up in my words. 
As for our work, It is not very big but we are more then hard workers. When we were in Napoli together, we tore the city up. In other words, I am more then content with my companion and where I am.

Mom if you look at our house on Google maps there is a Focaccia ria right under our house. They make the best panzarotti (calzone) I have ever tried in my whole entire life! The bad news is they are only one Euro, almost every night we go there and by at least one.... it’s probably not the best thing for my health.

I bought some pretty cool stuff lately I have some really nice skinny jeans and some sweet 3 dollar shirts... MOM I don’t remember if I told you, but I bought a really expensive coat for Christmas, it goes over my jacket and I can also wear it with nice pair of jeans... I just wanted to thank you and dad for the Christmas present. 

All the boys sitting together on the step, they are all in my zone   Yes I know Anziano Roe... He is in a couple of those pictures I sent you.. He is more then a great missionary. He speaks really well and has a Sicilian accent!!! Which makes me laugh! He is more then a hard worker, he is a great missionary.

Well I know this email has been a random one, but I hope you know I love you and I hope you have a great and wonderful week.. 

Love Anziano Miller


1 comment:

  1. You sound so great - I love reading all of your blogs. Sounds like you are a great missionary. I miss all of you guys hanging out at our house! Keep up the good work - I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete