Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Zone Conference

Happy Halloween=) What an interesting week we had this week=) Halloween was pretty easy going for us we didn't do much we just went to our church and and then they a haunted house all ready to go, it was pretty cool because I got to be the crazy guy coming out to of the coffin=) so that was pretty fun especially because all of the little kids were pretty scared. We did another split with kevin and Denis... We have a lot of fun with those two=) Kevin and I went up to Monreale and we taught a couple lessons=) they both went really well.=)
Last Friday was my last zone conference that was kind of sad. I tried to bear a good testimony but in the end I didn’t end up saying very much. I didn’t cry so I feel like I accomplished something in the end. It was sad seeing some people for the last time knowing I wouldn’t see them for a long time. I have gotten used to the fact of going home; I still don’t like it to much just because I am going to be a greeny again. I will be yet again thrown into a different environment with new rules, new trends, and a new culture. I will be yet again faced with difficulty and decisions to make. Yet, again I will have to choose the street which I would like to take. This week I have looked at it and I have been ready for the challenge we will see the Lord wants me to be among his mighty force=).
This last Sunday we did the mostra and it went really well, I had a good turn out of people and we have really like the whole thing but sometimes us missionaries attract the weirdest people. Really I am positive that we attract just strange people sometimes... for example, we met this guy who had been cut at the station and he comes over to us and shows us his wound which this other man had given him the wound and apparently you could see this mans fat and flesh from his skin and he wouldn’t get it taken care of here in the hospitals because he is afraid to die. So he wanted us to take him to America so he could get operated on... just really weird. I love Gods children but sometimes I just understand some of them. Monday we helped somebody move out and I have never been so tired form lifting in my life... never! We lifted a fridge and oven and a washing machine with a bunch of other stuff up four flights up a narrow set of stairs.... and the refrigerator had to be carried over our heads because it wouldn’t fit in-between the railing... it was ridiculous but we had a lot of fun at the same time. We had a good family night over at the Giambona home and it went really well. We had an amazing dinner and it was so nice after that ridiculous move. This Tuesday was a pleasant one... NOT... I yelled for the second time in my whole mission... I have never yelled at an Italian but yesterday I did, the man of our apartment complex came to our house and he was being so stubborn and rude from the moment he saw us. He started to check the out side of our house and he was checking for dust to see if we had been cleaning. He didn’t find any thing and he kept saying look look look how dirty your house is... I chuckled at him because he wasn’t able to find anything, after I a chuckled he started to scream at me and tell me that I was a $££$!$£! And a $$%&$$ and practically every swear word in the Italian language he used to chew me out... he then entered to into our pretty dang clean house and persisted to tell us that we lived in a $£$%%$% house and I just lost it... I felt soooo bad, I have never, yelled at anyone in my mission besides Anziano Vigneri... and I felt bad because I lost it and let him have it. In the end I know he is nuts and I am having a hard time getting over the whole thing. Today I saw someone steal from someone else and get away with it, and now I feel bad for that because I wasn’t able to tell the lady before he got off of the bus. But on a good note we went to mistretta and had a wonderful day the sisters were fantastic they were really nice and did a lot for us=) I never knew they were so nice until today. Haha no I pretty sure they are nice but I have never had any sister missionaries in my district besides at Bitonto and they were pretty unfriendly. Any who, we have a Halloween party to go to=) be good and don’t do anything stupid=) We will here from you for the last time next week=) Anziano Miller

2 comments:

  1. THIS MAKES ME SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy and I are so excited for you ! Please let us know when his homecoming is, we can't wait to visit with Brayden and hear his great testimony !
    Matt& Tracy Larsen

    ReplyDelete