Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Anziano Weeks will be missed!

Catania, Palermo Conference

Well this week is kind of crazy... transfer calls were yesterday and it was Anziano Weeks's last day here in Palermo... and that is why I didn’t email you, we didn’t have time. I know that is weird saying that I didn’t have time for the people that matter most to me, but... it was Anziano Weeks's last day here and he was off to Rome, so I did what he needed to do and we had all kinds of lessons and appointments.So you are just lucky that I was able to write you now.=)

Anyways, transfers are good; I will receive a new companion Anziano Marengo, a Peruvian who lives in northern Italy. He is really cool he doesn’t speak English, and he is coming from Catania=) So I already know him. He also served in Battipaglia and so we have some things in common just from serving in the same city. We are all excited to learn how to speak better Italian! Anziano McMullen  and Anzaino Larsen are still together and are the new zone leaders! Even with all the great news we hate to see Anziano Weeks leave.

I am sure you have had a crazy week but I have had some crazy stuff going on here too. TODAY, we have a baptism! Antoine is getting baptized and things are going well. He will be here in less then thirty minutes.=) I spoke with him this morning and he is feeling good about the baptism.

Lots of people have been asking if he is ready, I personally think he is ready and Anziano weeks thought he was ready. So technically, that is all that really matters. He did really well in the interview so I know he is ready and no member is perfect... he is still growing and we all have a lot to improve on.

I am glad you where not really in Venice mom because if you were I could of expected you to show up at our church this Sunday. As soon as I saw the background I knew you were not in Italy.  I like your picture next to the live statue. The real looking statue people really exist here in Italy=) Sometimes they scare me. All the stuff you saw in Vegas such as "sexy girls and nudity" is probably a lot like Italy. Almost on every billboard here is a naked lady and it's really annoying if you ask me. I hate it. There is no wonder why Europeans do the things they do.

After one day without Anziano Weeks I have felt very alone. I am very sad he left... we had a great time together. We worked really hard and we even had a baptism together!!! I really am going to miss him. I am sure I will like Anziano Marengo. I could easily say that Anziano Weeks is one of my favorite companions. I have been lucky to have had many great companions. But I am really grateful for what Anziano Weeks taught me and for his example.

Anziano Week and I played soccer last week with a bunch of kids and it when really well, I am improving on my soccer abilities... but I still can’t compared to your normal Italian.

The Olympics are coming up; I bet you are all excited. I am kind of upset because I will not be able to watch them but, I am sure they will be spectacular. I bet Michael Phelps will do well, that is if he would stopped smoking.... to me it's really funny think about people who are in sports. They will take steroids or smoke that really slows them down.

Well I need to go. I will talk to you next week! Dad, don’t worry about my hard drive... it started working again... I think it was the computer that it was on.

Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment